Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Ae82 Gt

Treuno

After its little mis-hap of the engine going pop i rebuilt her and tidied her up even more!

Heres some piccys and spec list of her!

Picture_078.sized.jpg

Picture_080.sized.jpg

Picture_076.sized.jpg

Picture_055.sized.jpg

Picture_058.sized.jpg

Picture_056.sized.jpg

Picture_045.sized.jpg

1987 'E' White Corolla GT

New genuine front wings/sunroof panel (and seal) with resprayed front and rear bumpers, bonnet, boot-lid (de-badged), side-skirts & all new w/arch trims all round but missing both rear mud-flaps (still looks good!) And little trims on front bumper because i cant find any! These parts are no longer avalible from Toyota!

Brand new discs and pads all round (all genuine parts!) Fully reconditioned rear callipers.

4 Fully re-conditioned original wheels with 4 brand new Yokohama A539's, lowered 35mm on fensport springs! Had a 4 wheel geometry because the tracking was miles out and handled horrible after lowering!

Fully rebuilt late spec engine (7 ribbed strong block) new big end & main bearings, new rings, ported cylinder head and TRD competition h/gasket! J & R air filter. Centre exhaust box removed which gives a nice crisp rasp, which goes nicely with the throaty induction raw!

New radiator, water pump, thermostat, new complete clutch, new genuine Wiper Blades all round. (All genuine parts!)

Full 'C' service carried out by a Toyota dealership! (Along with the MOT)

Various other new parts but having trouble remembering! But basically anything that needed doing was done using all genuine parts!

No rot what so ever just needs a little bit of paint around the sunroof panel (actually on the roof itself!) But I have run out of money! That lot cost me just shy of 2k!!! I didn't think it was that much until I added it up!

You may see in the piccys I haven't fitted the O /S /R wheel arch trim! Its in the boot but I would like the wheel arch to be painted b4 fitted!

looks like ive got competition!! :D looks really smart mate - that instrument binnacle looks well clean, mine's got all dust behind it!

if i had one suggestion though, it would be to get a bigger number plate for the back, so that it fills the whole recess. it makes a big difference when you do it :thumbsup:

like this..

MLNA0077.sized.jpg

my sunroof panel doesn't fit properly, it sits proud at the front, and its rotting, and needs a new seal. i think ill get that sorted next. then find a better tailgate (mine's bent! and has a couple of blisters under the window). and those two bits really bug me, as its the only rust on the car! :D

car's definitely looking good tho mate :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments buddy! Well i think it must be a personal preference, because i got rid of my big no.plate for a small one! :lol:

Sounds like a new sunroof and seal then! £120 for the panel and £30 for the seal! But them prices are at trade price! I imagine you will have to put 20% on top of them prices for retail prices!

Worth doing tho! makes a difference!

Looking LUUURRRVEELLLYYY (both of them) :thumbsup:

Rash.

P.S. I dont half miss the buzzz buzzz sound of the AE82's...

Thanks for the compliments buddy! Well i think it must be a personal preference, because i got rid of my big no.plate for a small one! 

lol, fair enough! :D

Cheers rash, as you liked them so much, you fancy having another! Because its on the cards again that im selling mine!

Not because i dont like it or theres anything wrong with it but after driving my '86 again the other day i fancy a RWD car for a run around whilst the '86 is off the road!

I just get a little bored of FWD! :)

I cant let her go for less than a grand(£1000) im affraid! Otherwise it wouldnt be worth selling! I was out looking for cars today and found a MK2 RX-7 Turbo! £1300! With close to 200bhp on tap, that would be fun!

that has gotta be one of the cleanest Corolla's ive seen in that shape in AGES! :o :thumbsup::yes: B)

Here is a quote by myself:

No rot what so ever just needs a little bit of paint around the sunroof panel (actually on the roof itself!) But I have run out of money! That lot cost me just shy of 2k!!! I didn't think it was that much until I added it up!

You may see in the piccys I haven't fitted the O /S /R wheel arch trim! Its in the boot but I would like the wheel arch to be painted b4 fitted!

And here are the piccys showing the parts that need painting! You can just see the little different colour patches of white! I treated the surface rust by rubbing it down and applying Jenolite(Rust remover/protector) to it! Then painted over the top with white hammerite to stop it going any further! But as i say in my quote, i have ran out of money to get it painted professionally!

Picture_112.sized.jpg

Picture_101.sized.jpg

she is looking lurvely m8

nyc one

mynz have just gone in for respray...

both white

1 creg and 1 d reg

my e reg is jus lyk urz but needs a new front passenger wing

What more can I say you lucky B*****d only joking.

Done all the hard work, keep it!!!

All must got a full collection of the mighty 4age powered motors, got the two rarer cars AE82 *2, AE86, just need a AE92 & Mk 1 MR2 and you will definitely have all four aces.

Do you reckon the AE82 will ever fetch the same money as AE86?

Nice

:thumbsup:

Toymota: Cheers buddy! It took a while but was worth it! Shame i have to sell her!

U interested?? Or have you got a new motor now, after your little incident!?

Your avatar always looked as if your car was a deep metalic red!

But then you showed us the damaged front end, and i noticed it was the normal Toyota red! Shame i like the colur it looks like in your avatar! hehe. :lol:

b45h: thanks matey, but unfortunatly i cant afford to keep it, due to my AE86 project is costing me rather alot! Probably because im going over the top, but i cant loose money on it to be honest!

I can only wish the AE82 could fetch £ like the '86! But cant see that happening for a long time!

Ive very almost bought a few AE92's and AW11's! Just becasue they are so cheap, but space becomes a problem! And not enough time to do them all!

But when i drive my AE86 i dont even think of any other car! Nothing comes close! And as i work for Toyota ive driven plenty t/turbo supras, mr2 turbos etc etc, but i still hop in to 'black betty' and think of it as a much better car than anything ive ever driven! So selling my AE82 is going to a good cause! Dont ya think! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links