Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 Corolla Using A Lot Of Oil

Petersea

:crybaby: I have a 2000 1.4 corolla from new and the service book has been stamped at every service.The car is using a lot of oil (1ltr per 1000 miles) and there is a distintive rattle at 2000 RPM. I took it to the garage and they confirmed that there was a known fault . They checked the bore size and have said that the car needs a new short motor.

However they now inform me that the car is out of warranty, that Toyota will not cover the cost.

Surely Toyota should have recalled these cars before now. I had previously taken the car to the garage and they found nothing as well as not telling me about the fault.

The car is lying at the toyota garage for 2 weeks now- any advice

The rattling happens when oil gets low, whats causing the oil low is blowby on the piston rings,, the car most likely just needs a rering, take it to the dealer.

the rings are redesigned, and it should have no more problems after that.

I am a toy master tech and have done about 50 98,99,2000 corollas for oil comsumption

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links