Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!

aa120n

i've just had 306 keep up with me! this can't be right!

i've got an air filter in the post. anyone know anything else i can do that isn't to expensive? bit short on money at the min.

would an exhaust be the next thing?

if so can is it possible to get a performance enhancing exhaust, but without to much noise?? (can't be doing with the headache's) :ph34r:

NOS!!!!!!!!!

safe mode?

if you've run any petrol other than optimax or good super unleaded, or a number of other reasons the ecu puts the car in safe mode to protect the engine. This equals a slow turbo :( , however all you need to do is an ecu reset and it'll return to normal.

Think about it a 306 GTI6 has 53 bhp less than a stock standard 1989 - 1993 MR2 turbo so if they can keep up your car isn't running right :)

The GTI-6 is quick and underrated but a turbo should still win quite easily. I very nearly kept up with one in an N/A :P .

surely safe mode doesnt affect the engine that much?

gti-6 are very quick, was condiderin one before i bought the 2 but the insurance was even worse!

isnt safe mode the same as the fuel cut?, when the engine warning light comes on and u cant get ne boost until u turn the ignition off?

Or am i just talkin boll*x? lol

surely safe mode doesnt affect the engine that much?

gti-6 are very quick, was condiderin one before i bought the 2 but the insurance was even worse!

nah theres a BIG difference between safe mode and full boosted...in all honesty i wouldnt drive my car if it only ran on a safe boost level (about 7psi), it feels pants :!Removed!:

fuel cut is different and it happens for the opposite reason - when youre running too much boost and the ECU cries because you didnt buy it a FCD for christmas and subsequently it kills everything.

i think i get too personal with car parts..hmmm need a gf.

All you need is a MBC ~ £25 and an FCD ~ £20-£60, setup about an hour......

Check the cat hasn't melted in to a ball - happened a few times to us and all we'd see is about 6psi. Do the ECU reset just after you fill her with optimax, then drive her hard for a while and the car will learn how to perform better....... simple!

Then go find this 306 and eat him alive.........

Matt.

When i changed to optimax , and kept using optimax till the next empty tank and again used optimax then resetted the ecu i was amazed how much difference there was. I believe it was deusmr2 who told me about it and at first i admit i was like naaa no way i dont believe it :D

Well said Matt. Took the words out of my mouth so to speak. The MBC is also an easy, cheap way to go as mentioned by Veilside. It can give you a good 35 bhp extra!

Then you won't want to go huntin' for Peugeot's. It'll be Porsche's :thumbsup::lol:

Well said Matt. Took the words out of my mouth so to speak. The MBC is also an easy, cheap way to go as mentioned by Veilside.

Where do you get an MBC from? i think ill buy one after xmas with a downpipe to boot :thumbsup:

There are loads of places sell them BloodUK. Try Rogue, MTTE, Two's R us, etc. For the downpipe, places like Fensport would be a good place to start. Aussie or Hypersports are some of the names to look out for.

Annoyingly Fensport seems to be down atm , am just going to write out a list of TO DO to mr2 as a txt file :lol:

Wow rogue systems not working either

This domain has just been registered for one of our customers! :crybaby:

Do the ECU reset just after you fill her with optimax, then drive her hard for a while and the car will learn how to perform better....... simple!

The ECU is supposed to learn by itself anyway. I presume resetting just quickens up the learning process.

MBC cost me £17.50 from TB Developments in the MR2OC shop.

Dont knock 7Psi Dues!... :rolleyes: I have been running that since i have had the car and trust me... My car can still outrun boxsters.. :thumbsup:

Im hittin 238bhp @ 7.5Psi...

This weekend the MBC should eb fitted and im uppin the boost to 15Psi... :drool:

Anyone know if i will need a FCD on a Rev 3 with the boost set at 15Psi? Have been told they dont hit the fuel cut till 16/17Psi.. is this right? :huh:

On a side note.. - My old Celica was pretty close to the GTi-6 once moving so there is something defo not right with your tubby buddy!.. :!Removed!:

Even if its in safe mode.. the torque once the turbo kicks in should be more than enough to dispatch the Pug...

Edited by Fizz

Fizz, you getting all excited dude? I am. I'm having mine down in a weeks time mate and I can't wait! :D

I'm pretty sure you'll need the FCD. Mine was on the car when I bought it, but I don't think they're expensive.

Fizz, you getting all excited dude? I am. I'm having mine down in a weeks time mate and I can't wait! :D

I'm pretty sure you'll need the FCD. Mine was on the car when I bought it, but I don't think they're expensive.

All being well bud.. yeah.. :thumbsup:

Well i just ermmm had some fun? :bye::eek: my dads modified prelude vtec his car has 232 BHP rolling roaded, we was pretty much neck and neck in fourth gear wont mention speed on the motorway, until i started to pull away and left him behind in fifth.

So if you had trouble with the pug there is certainly something wrong there :crybaby:

Well seeing as approximately every 1lb of boost equates to 10bhp at the flywheel (according to the sticky at the top of the forum), you should be looking at a healthy 80bhp at the flywheel, or around 55-60 at the wheels. :thumbsup:

Mine's a rev 1, so it's a little lower on power standard, but with the mods I have (exhaust, downpipe, induction, FCD), I should be at around the same level.

Roll on :yes:

I never have any issues with the car using a "Safe Mode" when I use poor fuel etc. The bugger still boosts to maximum capacity.

Could it have been disabled somehow ?

I never have any issues with the car using a "Safe Mode" when I use poor fuel etc. The bugger still boosts to maximum capacity.

Could it have been disabled somehow ?

yeah your t-vsv has probably been disabled too due to the higher boost. Its the t-vsv system which controls safe mode.

i had to disable the tvsv when i fitted my mbc and of course it always hits 1bar now, though i tend not to rag it on crap fuel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links