Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help

Tewkes

hey, i just joined this site as i am in love with yaris's. they're soo cool... anyway, for my first car i was thinking about the 1.3 vvti yaris or the t-sport and put insurance on mum or dads name. if i get a 1.3 vvti, what could i do to it to make it look nice but suttle. i want 16" or 17" rims on it tho and mayb a nice little kit and lower it, i can do all the work myself as i used to moddify cars. thanks

16" rims would be your best choice to keep a bit of performance but at the same time look good and you could also maybe drop it around 30mm aswell!

That would be a good start! :thumbsup:

If you can afford it I would go for the T-Sport, you'll only end up wanting one when you have had your 1.3 for a while! :yes:

Theyre's nothing wrong with the 1.0 either!

I had one as my first car and it was perfect. It's economical, nippy in town, keeps with the traffic on motorways and its safe.... Unless you do lots and lots of motorway miles then buying the 1.3 probably isn't worth it - and the insurance will be higher :rolleyes:

Get yourself a 1.0 now, build up some sort of no-claims bonus in your own name and then move on to a T-Sport in a couple of years time ;)

Cheers,

Alan

well i aint gonna do motorway miles all da time. just be cruising about places like. but if i get the 1.3vvti what could i do to it in order to make it sound nice. i know just a back box aint gonna do much, you recon straigth through? and a nice ram air.

Aye....try to get your own insurance rather than piggy backing on your parents.

Sure it may be a little more expensive now...but will work out better in the long run.

You won't earn any NCB's and you'll be seen (at least by the insurance companies) as a new driver.

Vipes

although they will insure you they will know what you're going to do! personally i think you should get a veilside kit becuase that is schweeeet!!!!! and dont go for 17's they are extremely heavy and will slow you down. stick with 15's or 16's lots better.

Minnnt

yea the 1.3 is a good choice, wont be as hefty as the t sport on insurance but will still have a nice kick of power at ur feat..

As for mods, yea as people have mentioned id also suggest 16s and lowered either 30mm or 40mm, tints always look good aswell

veilside do a nice kit for the yaris, mayb perhaps an induction kit and exhaust, you car will not only look good but sound wicked aswell..

Boosters looking nice as well.

Dont suppose anyone has pictures of the Veilside kit on a Chili Red/Black Yaris?

Although I do love the booster kit, I feel the back skirt is limited for exhaust options. So I need more ideas!

//Edited

Just found the complete Veilside kit for £995 inc VAT. Dats cheap right? In UK as well.

Get yourself a 1.0 now, build up some sort of no-claims bonus in your own name and then move on to a T-Sport in a couple of years time ;)

You've gotta agree...

Ive had my Yaris for three years now, 1.0o GS, and it that time it has been brilliant, no problems at all..

3 Years later, 3 NCD, and looking for something with more 'oomph' :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry aint replyed in a while, com been formatted. yea i think 17's are to big and i need 16s. i will go on my dads name for insurance on first yr and with in that yr i will do my pass+ and then that counts for 1 yrs no claims, so when my first yr i over i will have 1 yr no claims B)

veilside kit is shmint init, imagine that with a nice set of 16's,. be rolling nice and what the 1.0 and 1.3 like on petrol, how many MPG?

1 litre on petrol is very good! Drive like a granny and you will easy get 50mpg and drive like me and you should see around 35-45mpg at least! Depends how much of a stupid mood I'm in and if its dry or wet! :thumbsup:

i had the 1.0 for 6 months then upgraded to t-sport.. (found it too slow after going from a 1.4i 106 quiksilver) But the 1.0 is a great little car for a first car for sure! very nippy, and with my induction kit alone, sounded really good. i had many people not belive me it was only a 1.0!

if you really wanna go for a 1.3, i quite like the yaris SR, come with cd player, nice exhaust as standard, nice multispoke 15" alloys, colour coded bumpers and a spoiler!

as for modding, i'd go with a nice set of 16's lowered about 40mm, induction kit and a back box. will look sweet and sound nice!

:D

if you really wanna go for a 1.3, i quite like the yaris SR, come with cd player, nice exhaust as standard, nice multispoke 15" alloys, colour coded bumpers and a spoiler!

And get it in Carlo Blue!! It's the business! (check the garage link below to see a lovely example!)

Go for a 1.3 Yaris, I had a 1.0 T3 for bout a year and found it to be underpowered out of town so decided to trade for a 1.3 and well worth the money!

Just a point to note though, the 1.3 is only one group higher than the 1.0 so the insurance premium will not be that much difference I wouldn't have thought. For me it ended up costing £30 on top of my existing policy for a year and that was with 3yrs NCD.

Yarisldc

• 2 weeks later...

sorry aint replyed in a while. i prob get a 1.3. i only wanna spend about £5000 max to buy it tho. you recon by april next yr i could buy a 1.3 in that price range?

if i get 1 it will be either black or silver, if i get black it will have some nice 16's in silver or white with all colour coded bits and bobs with a nice exhaust and induction pipe. if i get silver it will have all da same bits and bobs but silver will have black rims. shmint! thanks guys

P.S. yaris30 can you send me that pic plz *avator* or just send me the link for it, i like it :D

Just right-click his avatar, and click save as. Then save it on your computer somewhere!

You can get a 1.3 for £5000 now. You can get maybe a 2000 SR for about £5000. Have a look on eBay, there's new cars added almost every week, and that will give you a good idea of prices. (They are generally cheaper on there)

16"s and lowered will do the job i recon and will look shweet. whats the diff in 1.3 vvti and the 2000 sr?? and whats the diff in insurance groups?

thanks

16"s and lowered will do the job i recon and will look shweet. whats the diff in 1.3 vvti and the 2000 sr?? and whats the diff in insurance groups?

thanks

Insurance for an SR is group 5. I think the normal 1.3 is group 3. It's exact same engine though, but you get it lowered, spoilered, TTE exhaust (on pre 2002), Air-con, exclusive alloys and sports leather steering wheel and gearstick. Kushdy!

no dude seriously, ive put tsw volcano's + 195/50/15's on my TS with eibach springs  and it rubs on the rear arches.

You should get your car checked out mate,that cant be right

i've got 195/45/16" and tte springs no rubbing at all even when cars

fully loaded. :unsure:

well i only want to sped £5000 purchasing 1. insurance on dads name for the first yr. if i get a silver yaris im slamming black rims on it and then decking it, looks shweet.

get a T sport drop it 40mm, on 16s and seeing your from cardiff go to pro speed get a cat back system and ask for as loud as possible. if you need a reason why pop down to swansea and i will show you the results :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links