Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Steering Wheel Just Arrived!

veilside_mr2

My kahn steering wheel has just arrived :thumbsup:

But i need to know before I start whether or not its a relatively easy job to change the steering wheel?, Ive got the boss kit coming from demon tweeks today or tomorrow.

Is there any normal problems which happen or sumthin i may overlook? (i.e the horn :wacko: )

Should be a couple of spade connectors dude. You can't get them wrong, they're different sizes. :thumbsup:

I made a post AGES ago about changing a wheel .. step by step guide too ..

Well my boss kit arrived from Demon Tweaks today.

So - thought I would fit new momo evo wheel tonight (which I got for 50 quid!)

Gt everything off to the point where you pull the wheel off and the thing is jammed on seriously. I am by no means weak tried using kness behind it - really pulling at the %$(er and it will not budge :/

Its a rev 2 with the intention of using the momo boss 7728.

How on earth do I get the old wheel off? Am i missing something here??

Help :)

quick tip mate is to keep the retaining bolt on a little bit otherwise when it comes looseits gonna hit u in face.

think wen i changed the sera wheel i hit with hammer top the bottom then left then right etc

it just pulls off - but it's been there 10 years .. mind your nose ..

haha, i`ll b attempting some mc-hammer 2moro too...oh the fun. I`ll probs break sumthin else whilst changin it, i usually break stuff, im good at it.

shamone!

Got the badstart off :D

I hit a good few times all round the circumferance then couple of sharp tugs and the %$(er was off :)

Seems the best way is not to pull it off the spline straight towards you.

woohoo, mine is done. came off really easy actually...it must have been the shredded wheat I had this morning :lol:

I did hav the wrong boss, there woz no hole for the little rectangle connector to come thru, but i just made a few mods and its on now :D

thanks jimlad :)

im thinkin about gettin those low rise revision 6 headlights?..u think they r worth getting?

yeah i know, i woznt too bothered about getting them because its not as if u see the headlights much, but I do think they look so much better and im running out of things to buy. I want angel eyes putting in instead tho, u think rogue could do that for me?.

with the low rise lights supposedly there isn't enough room. But if you are on about the shockmr2 sort of thing, they could do it but that was a one of custom job and for them to repeat it, it will cost you quite a bit.

I enquired about it a while back.

with the low rise lights supposedly there isn't enough room. But if you are on about the shockmr2 sort of thing, they could do it but that was a one of custom job and for them to repeat it, it will cost you quite a bit.

I enquired about it a while back.

nah im just wanting the low rise headlights, but with angel eye lights replacing the one`s that are with the kit at the minute.

yeah i asked about the shock mr2 lights too, got quoted silly money (like 3k i think lol)

yeah.... they bring the MR2 into more modern times. Those big old square popups just look awfull in my opinion.

Seems a harsh comment, yes the low rise lights are nicer but I certainly wouldn't say the older ones look awful :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links