Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Castrol Magnatex

earpl

Great stuff, car runs a treat now! + i cant believe how easy it is to get to the oil filter :)

:( as for the flat spot. does any one else have this problem? in 4th gear bettween about 70 + 80 mph, car seems to loose its umph. the new oil has made a bit of a difference but its still not good. worth getting it remapped?

4th gear at 70? i know they like to be "driven hard" as the salesman explained it, but surely that isnt good for it? that might be when its boost has finished.

Minnnt

4th gear at 70? i know they like to be "driven hard" as the salesman explained it, but surely that isnt good for it? that might be when its boost has finished.

Minnnt

Ive done that in my 1.0l so im sure it's no problem for the T-Sport..

Flat Spot?... hmm Ill check :thumbsup:

Minnnt

how else are you supposed to drive it? lol i think it will ***** that in 3rd

Coincidence time! I've put magnatec in mine last weekend and it noticebally smoother.

I was even happier at the price of £12 at Makro and £3.50 for the oil filter!

Would have been charged about £50 for the same job with crapper oil at Toyota!

bling********* ! im well impressed with the difference, + as if you'd pay some one to unscrew 2 things, screwem back up + pour some oil in. mad?

must just be my driving then. i would be in 5th gear doin 45-50. i don't hammer it through the gears. Is that when the boost starts to end 4th gear 70-80mph? does it pick up in 5th gear at that speed when you change? I would imagine it does. i can't try it becuase mine is still at ron brooks toyota and they are proper useless! :crybaby: i have never come across a bunch of timewasters in my life! even vauxhall arent as bad as these jokers and thats saying something!!

Minnnt

. i would be in 5th gear doin 45-50. ..

:blink: Your joking? Surely the engine is struggling at such low revs and mph..? Change gear.

And what 'boost' u on about? :unsure:

to be fair i think you're thrashing the balls off it!! mine handled lovely and it still picked up when i toed it! 2nd at 40/58 i think you're having a laugh! i shall see when i come and see youuuu!!

Minnnt

Hey minnnt_ts.... they're talking about driving the car, and i mean really driving it. The Yaris has whats called a VVTi engine (variable valve timing... if u didn't know) And that is designed to give a smooth pull right accross the rev range, but is better at high revs - above 3500rpm you'll notice the car is mush more able to accelerate and more fun! :)

This is why the yaris has its rev range all the way upto 7,000rpm, whereas other cars only go up to say 5000rpm... the yaris wants to be revved and if you do that, you'll get better performance.

Driving in 5th at 40/50mph is fine for standard tootling, but if you wanna move somewhere, the gearing is somewhat like this (for my 1.3 anyway)

1st 0-25mph

2nd 25-55mph

3rd 55-70mph

4th 70-85mph

5th 85mph+

Obviously, that's not done very often, or else your car will blow up, but it gives a rough idea of how the yaris engine can do... its a very nice unit!!

As i said before though, if you like economy, get the car into 5th as early as possible whilst not straining the engine.

Sorry the post is so long... but hope it helps! (if not, im sure someone with better knowledge than me will write something usefull!!!)

so in theory you should never get into 5th gear because the legal maximum speed limit is 70mph and you've got that down as 4th gear! and if you went over that speed then you would be breaking the law and that is something that we don't do. correct? :D sorry just joking. all i meant was that mine picks up in 5th gear at 50mph no problems and i wouldnt dream of doin 69.9mph in 3rd!! :lol:

sorry i didnt mean to cause any offense to anyone :unsure:

Minnnt

S'alright!

Yeah, as i say, thats not done very raely... more a race-track day or an autobahn!

Once your cars run-in a bit, give it some... honestly, on a nice 70mph dual carriageway, just try it out, get up some revs and plant the bugger in 2nd or 3rd and it reall does do well for a small engined vehicle!

And yes, like you say, it will pick up well at 50mph because of the Yaris's VVTi, and the fact that its geared quite low, which is why its a tad noisy at motorway speeds, but will keep up with traffic well!

Just thought of a good place to try out the engine.... Country lanes... perfect... leave it 3rd and let the baby fly! (drive-by-throttle... name says it all!) (except thats for when drifting or race driving, but you get the idea!)

ok, we've hijacked chris's thread a lil, but does the fujitsubo cat back exhaust drum on motorways? anyone know? and ive opened it up around country lanes but i was still gearing respectively too! lol maybe i would do that on a track... MAYBE :lol:

Minnnt

earple your mothers go a :censor: when we gonna get that rear tube on??

just for the rest of ya my C reg POLO C 1.0 ltr could keep up wiv the Saxo VTR. that was just a case of new oil/filter, fuel filter, airfilter, playing with the timing (sooo much easier on cars with dizzers, none of this electronic crap) and a lot of tlc. trouble is engine only lasted a couple of months still not bad getting around 65 bhp out of a 1 ltr 38 bhp engine :D

my C reg POLO C 1.0 ltr could keep up wiv the Saxo VTR.

That's because Saxo VTR's are crap! Narsty pieces of cheap french crappy engineering!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links