Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Found An Mr2 For My Girlfriend, Opinions?

dymchurchpaseo

for £1600.. I'd get it!!..

seriously tho.. I would get a mechanic freind to look over it. Seeing as it's not a Turbo, not too sure what you should be looking at.

As long as the cambelt has been done, that's a good thing. Will need done again soon though.

but £1600 ??? FFS... mr2s are getting cheap.

that is very cheap! from the pics though it does look very clean, everything is stock and it should be fine overall. What you really need to do is get a mechanic to look at it though..looks can be decieving in the world of mr2s :ph34r:

I

Advert reads: 1990-H TOYOTA MR2 2.0 GT T-Bar Sports 2dr Coupe,White, Petrol, Manual, 2dr, Alarm / Immobiliser, Alloy Wheels, CD Player, Central Locking, Electric Windows, Leather Upholstery, Sunroof .

But its not a T Bar!!!!! as it says in the AD

Russ

Yeah, I noticed that too. Looks clean and tidy for the money though. :thumbsup:

Like Jim said, get it checked over by a garage first. Could be nice on the outside, but a dog underneath. :o

most garages start out with a high price in the hopes it may sell to some young " i want that car now " type person . then wake up and realise its not going to sell and drop the price to realism , like the gt4 up my way was £7995 now down to £5995 in 2 months. :thumbsup:

car looks well mate , worth a look , you can always sell it on if it turns out to be a dog.

Dymchurch if you spot a decent black Rev2 or 3 N/A T-bar on your fairly locally on your travels give me a shout. Lookin at around 3.5-4k, less for a mint rev2. :thumbsup:

I'll keep a lookout for you!

Cool cheers. :thumbsup:

I'll get my mate in Folkestone on the case as well! None of the traders over your way seem to advertise over by us. Canterbury one's do though - it's weird!

Have you been out to that import place out the back there recently? Last time I looked they were moving in to stuff like Supras and Skylines.

What was it with Toyota and white cars with blue interiors in taht eara!!! loads of the mk4 supras have it too <_<

Looksa bargain tho mate... my mr2 has nearly 150K miles on it and is still like new!!!

Check for repaired damage to the rear quarters as people from the "FWD Generation" ofter get in them then crash them... check for rust at the front/bottom of the spare wheel well... check the drivers side door (they tend to sag with age..)

the syncros in the gearbox tend to wear too, can make it hard to get into gear....

It doesn't have leather either, like it says it does in the ad. If it has the blue interior check to see if it's the 3s-fe powered beast, which could be another reason it hasn't sold.

If it has the blue interior check to see if it's the 3s-fe powered beast, which could be another reason it hasn't sold.

The blue interior was standard on all early white and blue (and possibly some other colours) UK non T-Bar models. I remember thinking it looked a bit too much blue when I got mine but over the years I've got used to it :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links