Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Koni Shocks On Ae92

swc4.9

HI Guys,

Just looking for some advice and a short guide to fitting my Koni Shocks to my AE92 Gti? :hokus-pokus:

Do these fit into the original struts etc? :blink:

Doing all the work with a mate to save some cash on garage bills. Want to make sure that we are doing it right though!!

Cheers

swc4.9 :thumbsup:

ph yeah, fitting the full Mongoose system to my rolla and its sweeeet! Got a brilliant sound! :thumbsup:

Last week watched adjustable Konis being fitted to the rear of my Ae111 Corolla - may not be the same for AE92. Struts came with full fitting instructions - no words just pictures.

The strut has to be removed, a small hole drilled in the bottom to relieve the internal oil pressure and the top of the casing cut off - drain the oil. Then cut off enough of the top of the casing to insert the strut fully, drill big hole in bottom of strut to take fixing bolt. Insert new strut into old casing and screw in new fixing bolt making sure the lugs on the new strut are pulled into top of the old casing. Adjust and replace on car.

On the AE111 taking the original strut off means that you have to disconnect the flexible and rigid brake lines so you have to bleed the brakes when the strut is replaced.

on an AE92 you just remove the old strutt, take the spring off then undo the strutt top and remove the old shock and insert the new one and screw the locator back on.

Getting them open can be a pig as they're normally rusty, clamp the nut end in a vice and use a breaker bar through the lower mount holes to undo it.

Thanks for that Jon, I thought it might be different as the AE92 struts are more expensive than the Ae111 versions.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links