Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lpg

gbbrycem

Hello,

I've recently converted my 2003 celica vvti to LPG(Tartarini). So far it's working well and saving me money. However, I recently heard that there may be a problem with the injectors melting on the vvti engine after 40k miles. Does anyone have any further info/advice on this?

Thanks

gbbrycem

I'm sure Beardie will be along soon. He's done quite a few concersions, so may be able to help!!

FAO Beardie : Yeah bro, I gotcha!!!

smaller the engine the longer itll take to recoup the costs.

personally i would bother on a less the 2l engine. more suited for huge 5l V8 Landys that do 8 to the gallon

does seem a bit of a waste on a celica, does it affect the performance??

i heard you have to run on petrol every now and again aswell?

To answer your questions:-

It cost about 2K, I should get the money back within 1.5 years(25K miles per year). I be-grudge giving the taxman any more money than I have to and would rather a local garage get that money!

I have to start the car up in petrol mode until the engine temp. is at a certain temp. Once it's reached that temp it automatically changes to LPG. It usually takes 2 mins or so.

I've lost about 5->10% power & efficiency when I run on LPG. For every 10 miles I do on petrol I'll do 9 on gas. I can however, manually turn back to petrol if I want back to normal.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I've recently converted my 2003 celica vvti to LPG(Tartarini). So far it's working well and saving me money. However, I recently heard that there may be a problem with the injectors melting on the vvti engine after 40k miles. Does anyone have any further info/advice on this?

Thanks

gbbrycem

Just ensure that your valve clearances are checked twice as often as the service schedule states.

LPG causes greater valve seat recession due to the higher combustion temperatures.

Also expect a loss of performance on LPG, as it has less BTU per litre. HOWEVER it will permit a greater spark advance thanon petroll - so possibly a little more economy and power.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links