Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help Rebuild

bluemister2

I have an 89 N/A MR2 and my bottom end is worn out the rods are about shot you can hear them when you turn the car off. but I just had the top half rebuilt for a total charge of 1,287.93 for head gasket set, valve job, head got machined, water pump, timing belt, and fuel injectors. what I was wondering was if I should buy a new motor (used, professionally rebuilt) or just get the bottom half rebuilt. either way I'm gonna keep the engine I have now. please help I can't make up my mind.

----------------------------------------------------------

yeah I definitly should've thought about my options more but all this happened so fast. I bought the car in august drove it for two weeks then the head gasket blew. sat for 2 months and 1 week got it back from the shop last friday bottom end went out yesterday. I got royally f**k in this deal. but in my defense it was my first time actually buying a car, and also I tend to be a trusting person unfortunatly

------Thanks for the help though, much appreciated. and the amount was U.S. currency------------------

----------------------

I was also thinking about getting the JDM N/A motor for my car. since it doesn't have T-VIS how would that effect the install?? how much more difficult would it be? anyone over here in the usa know if it will pass emissions? so many questions.........too many problems...................

-----------------------------------------------------------

ok well it appears I have to find another shop (probably cost an ***** load more) or rebuild myself. I have never done any extensive motor work before but I think I'm about to. So if anyone can help me out with some instructions or tips please please let me know

I also forgot to add--- the mechanic that did the haed gasket and the top end said his brother has a mk1 mr2 for sale he just wants to get rid of it because of kids. his brother (my mechanic) did all the work on the car so I know its good or at least it was. my mechanics bro sold it to a preacher that has had it for two months and hasn't paid so he is going to pick it up in a couple of days and have it checked out by his bro(my mechanic) and if it is still in running order he will sell it to me for $400 it has 160,000 miles, I don't know the exact year. forgot to ask in anticipation he still had the car. so that being said I have a few options 1.)just drive that car and slowly fix the one I have now. 2.) swap the bottom end from his and put it on mine. 3.) swap the whole engine all together. anyone have clue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links