Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2002 Radio

fiz100

I have a corolla 2002 (British version) and would like to attach a cd/mp3 player to it since the factory model comes with only a cassette player. The 6-cd changer option is too expensive locally. Does anyone know how to do this without removing the display on the dashboard?

Thanks

Click on my signature links to have a look at how i did my H/U, if that helps you.

Bing

:thumbsup:

thanks for your guided reply... by any chance would you know the manufacturer of the original OEM of the cassette player?

Would it be possible of removing just the cassette player and replacing it with a cd player instead of pulling out and replacing all the H/D?

If this isn't possible are there any alternative cd changers that could be pluggd in instead of the Toyota ones since they are so expensive?

Thanks

You said you owned a UK 2002 version car, so i thought it should be about the same as mine.

If that is the case, then the H/U is all in one, so there isn't a chance in just changing just the cassette or CD alone.

I can't remember what manafacture who made the H/U, but sure i could dig it out and have a guick look, if i can remember where i put it lol :help:

Bing

When I get my rolla i'll certainly install the head like it's installed here:

http://www.gtstudio.ee/est/projectgallery/corollatsport.htm

and leave the stock one alone. It is MUCH easier to reach there and you boost the safety of the whole car.

The convertor costs something like $10 and makes the cigarette pach shelf into a regular 1 DIN hole. The only problem might be the ventilation, but my head's amp is off anyway, so I dont care.

Yeah i like the look of it, and saw something like this sometime ago.

The part i really like is the screen where the H/U use to be :drool:

The only downside of it, is that:

A ) You lose the cubby space where the new H/U postion will be,

i tend to use that space :)

B ) Just make sure that the new H/U has a removable face place, otherwise you might just lose it :thumbsup: That centre console comes out as one unit!!! :eek:

C ) If you need to connect off the stock loom (for power, speaker, etc) just make sure you have enough cable to reach down there

I don't think i can think of anything else, but if i do, will let you know.

Bing

A ) You lose the cubby space where the new H/U postion will be,

i tend to use that space :)

B ) Just make sure that the new H/U has a removable face place, otherwise you might just lose it :thumbsup: That centre console comes out as one unit!!! :eek:

C ) If you need to connect off the stock loom (for power, speaker, etc) just make sure you have enough cable to reach down there

A) In my current car the H/U also uses up the cubby space, but i quickly got used to it. Good enough power from the amps solves any inconveniences ;)

B) Well, if you will get the screen, there is no way you won't attract attention (unless they think it's sat nav), so a removable face of the h/u will hardly help! (thats why i'm certainly not getting a screen (apart from the fact that i don't see a point in one!))

C) If you're istalling a new h/u, then you will certainly will be getting amps and a whole new power system (otherwise whats the point? ) so you should be able to buy everuthing new and of the correct length!

ps) If you want to use your h/u amp, make sure there is ventilation over there!!!

o, for me (escpecially considering my country specifics) theft is the heaviest issue.

Oh, i forgot:

A) If you need the space - you can buy a 2DIN convertor and make all the space from the 2DIN stock h/u all free space!

It sounds like you got the same sort of problem with theft as we do here.

If it's not nailed down to the floor, some little thief will have it away.

Another issue i thought about is, when you come to sell the car on.

I know buyers here don't like the car to be tamperedd with too much, as it tends to lose it's value when you sell it, just another pointer to think about :thumbsup:

Just out of interest, what H/U are you sticking into your car any way?

Bing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links