Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hks Fuel Controller

drb5

What HKS fuel controller is it, that you can set to only run one O2 sensor?

cheers :thumbsup:

Err, going back to your original problem, which is running rich at high revs, the Unichip will sort that. The other problem which is a CEL brought on by not having a cat, can be solved by adding a small circuit into the line to fool the ECU into thinking there is a cat still in place. Cost is about £10.

Any other problems you may or may not have, (you dont seem to know - Have you compared the stock manifold to your replacement yet?) regarding incorrect postioning of O2 sensors, should be cured by putting then in the right place...

A general rule of thumb? Cure the problem, not the symptoms...

Can't agree more with the last comment, bud and thanks for the info on the inline circuit! :thumbsup:

Haven't had time to check the manifold, form yesterday, but will check again. I would also have fitted the second O2 sensor in it's correct place, but as there is a silencer in it's way, this is impossible. :(

I have asked Stuart from Dastek, what he recommends himself, but your way sounds good to me, as i didn't want to have to buy the fuel controller thingy, just in order to get the light out.

I want it right. Little things bug me and i can only ask, to find out, what stuff i should do to sort it! Thanks again, for the info m8, much appreciated! :thumbsup: B)

Just trying to save you some money...

It could be that theres nothing at all wrong with your Primary O2 position, but it'll certainly pay you to be sure.

I take it this inline circuit thing, is available from any proper electrical store and they'll know what i'm talking about when i ask for it, or is there somewhere online i can purchase it from?

B)

I take it this inline circuit thing, is available from any proper electrical store and they'll know what i'm talking about when i ask for it, or is there somewhere online i can purchase it from?

B)

Err. No, they wont have a clue what you're on about...

PPE engineering in the states sell them for use with their 4 into one manifold and decat pipe for the Mk3 MR2. The same O2 conditioner circuit will also work on your car. contact them vis thier website at www.ppeengineering.com

Another, simpler thing you could try is this: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229959

I have an idea of how it works, and I can sort of see the logic behind it. But the fact that it does work is a shock to me. Still, all those people cant be wrong so give it a go. It requires no wiring mods whatsoever, and is simply a bolt in solution to gettng rid of a cel casued by removing your cat...

Have you downloaded the OBDII codes from your ECU to make sure that this is actually the only source of you CEL? A code reader is an essential tool for owners of modified cars!

Didn't know there was something i could download, to do that tbh, m8.

Been really busy with work too, to get up and have a look at the manifold...annoyin the **** out of me! :( But i'll try today.

Had a look at the PPENGINEERING website and sent them an email about the conditioner, but still waiting on a reply.

Had a think about the other way, but i'm sure we must be able to get those fitments, here in the UK?!

There's a post on the forum on how to get the trouble codes simply using a wire (no need for an OBD-reader), there's also a list with the meaning of the codes in that post. I'll see if can find the topic again.

Found it http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21246

Cheers, Yves.

Edited by yvvan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links