Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Light

ripspeedtimmy

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone knows why my handbrake indicator light illuminates on the dashboard when i put my food down. It only happens when im giving it some stick in 1st and pull off quickly and it only happens when it wants to, not all the time, for some reason i dont need to press the brake to make it happen. All the brake components have been changed recently (pads, shoes, discs) Any ideas anyone???

<_< having just had your brakes done, it could be that the brake fluid level is low. the brake fluid warning light is the same as the handbrake on light.

try topping the brake fluid up a bit.

hope this helps

rolly_mo

Nothing to do with the level's mate. All fully topped up, anyone else got any ideas. Cheers for lettin me no tho mate

try disconecting the brake fluid warning light switch located on the brake fluid reservoir to see if it still comes on when driving. if so then try disconecting the handbrake on switch, it will be near the handbrake somewhere, poss under it. might have to remove the console for this one. could be a faulty switch.

if none of these work, all i can think is that the wires are earthing out on the body somewhere. causing the light to come on. this could be difficult to find.

Rolly_Mo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links