Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

garry h

extremely good fun

The lift is an experience you want to try again and again.

Handling might not be as good as celica depending on model you had but its not bad.

Take my advise and just upgrade to the T/Sport Celica or just a 190, they handle far superior, are quicker than the corolla, alot nicer seating position, due to the corolla your sat more on it instead of in it! and better built! I know they are better built due to there are hardly any warrenty claims compared to the Corolla! :thumbsup: :D

Wouldn’t really say the Celica 190 or T-Sport is any quicker than the Corolla T-Sport as both cars are running the same engine the 1.8 2g-zz. I understand that aerodynamically the Celica should cut through the air better but their wont be much between them in all honestly.

If you have been use to driving a Celica you might find that some sort of suspension alteration maybe be needed to improve road handling of the Corolla but this is fairly straight forward, one of the cheapest improvements is the TTE (Toyota Team Europe) lowering springs that drop the car 30mm and is great value at £250.00 fitted.

I owned mine for a year and a half and really enjoyed it there is no doubt about it is a stealth “Hot Hatch”, changed it in the end for a Civic Type-R but unfortunately its no longer.

Ford Focus RS is what I am after next though!

Nick :thumbsup:

being a corolla t sport and a celica 1988 and 1997 owner i would say that the corolla is the best, steering is better in the corolla with the TC on both my celicas understeer when cornering were as the rolla even in the wet just stays put(not saying that you cant get it to understeer because you can) just saying its less.

speed .the lift :D need i say more (matches the new celica lets face it same engine and box ) size difference power to weight me thinks) however i did test the new celica t sport and it was great fun to drive. and it was racing a celica in rallying that made me switch from ford so i love them both. :group-cuddles: :wub:

rs focus . nice wait till the cosworth comes

just my 2p :!Removed!:

thanks my celica is a 1996 20l gt sow i think the corolla will be a lot of fun not seen a lot about sow hope it stands out

Think your last car must ave been a very nice car, was a big fan of the last shape Celica, my old man had the very same model.

Think the CTS is a very good car, had a long drive today along winding country roads and have to say the car handles very well and has great power and traction, the car is something else in the wet.

Only thing i would tend to criticise is for my car to roll alittle as well as the engine has poor mid rev charactartics that have you fighting for the gears to keep up with similar cars.

Apart from that i love my car and say that it is very understated, perfect to keep a low key then blast past people wondering what the hell that racket was, all round a very good car at a very good price.

I had a Celica 140, now I have a CTS. I've driven my mates Celica T-Sport and it doesn't honestly feel any quicker than my CTS. The driving position in the CTS is more upright and a bit weird after driving a Celi, but I soon got used to it. Handling wise I dont think there's much difference to be honest. The main thing is the 5k price difference in my book !

I actually like my CTS much better than the Celica.

Accylad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links