Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interesting Article

Mister2

... I dunno. Bibbs and Jesus go to all that trouble to put the stickies up and nobody bothers to read them (apart from Me 'n' Fizz aparently)!

Well I do try and help ..

Anything else that would be good to hunt down and add to the info at the top?

bah. dangitt.. i knew i should have searched the forum for it first! sorry guys!

lol

Dont be sorry bud.. just find soem more useful info.. :thumbsup: :D

well... so it wont seem like this was a waste of a thread, im going to smoothly transition it....

soooo... how do u read tires? like, what does it mean by z-rated or w rated? im looking at some kumho ecsta supra 712 and some yokohama AVS i think they are. and i dont know what it means by z rated or w rated. and how do you read treadwear?

the ratings is the max speed rating .. like a rated would be for a pram .. and z rated would be for a race car ..

I'm sure someone will be along with the specifics ..

hmm.. well, the kuhmo ecsta's are z rated. maybe ill go for those. to save on money, im dropping the size from 215/45/17 to 205/40/17. is there any downfalls to doing this?

hmm.. well, the kuhmo ecsta's are z rated. maybe ill go for those. to save on money, im dropping the size from 215/45/17 to 205/40/17. is there any downfalls to doing this?

Are you talking front tyres?? lower profile will probably make for a rougher ride. If your talking fronts at 205 then what size are your rears?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

well, i think both front and rears are 215/45/17. theyre the stock bridgestones that come off of the lexus is300s. would it be wiser to have 205s in the front and 215 in the rear?

well, i think both front and rears are 215/45/17. theyre the stock bridgestones that come off of the lexus is300s. would it be wiser to have 205s in the front and 215 in the rear?

Yes 205 in the front & 215 at the back would be better than the same width all around. OEM is 225 back & 195 front but that's on the 15"s. Most defo different widths is the best option :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links