Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae86r Engine

Nicholas S12

A friend has an AE86R Corolla with 4AGE 16V engine with blue letters on top which he says that blue letters are indicating 165ps! (can anybody clarify that?)

Anyway the car and the engine are almost 20 years old so he is thinking either to rebuild the engine or to replace it. One option is to go with 4AGE 20V of AE111 Levin.

Is this possible as the AE86 is a RWD? Can this be done without any modification in the engine bay or gearbox? :help:

No, as this is a limided edition model manufactured in Belgium. And it can not be only 122hp as it beats Hondas type R!! I think the only difference from standard 4AGE is the re-map ECU.

Export bluetop is 86 kW, JDM version is 96 kW.

And no Sprinter was ever made in Belgium, been around that country for sometime. ;)

Someone should tell the guy with the Honda he must release his handbrake before taking off. :D

Cheers, Yves.

Yves, I did not maintioned blue top engine but blue letters on engine top.

Engine top is silver.

That's exactly what it means: blue lettering is bluetop, red lettering is redtop, etc... .

As for your engine conversion plans, point your browser at Bill Sherwood's and Phil Bradshaw's sites, you'll find a wealth of information there.

Cheers, Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links