Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth

earpl

As most of you know i have a full touch screen PC system in my Tsport, well i now have bluetooth which allows me to control my music system (3000 odd mp3's) from upto 30m away with my nokia. great for at cruises.......... what'd yall think?

Sounds very good... and as i've discovered... bluetooth is the future! Its brill.... I was sat in a boring lecture, and my fone starts buzzing, telling me iv got a file waiting to download, so i hit yes, and its some !Removed!.gif thing... kinda cool! And, i had no idea where it was coming from, so i tried my nluetooth, and found about 8 people around me were on bluetooth, so i sent the msg around... chuckles were spreading all around!!

have you heard of the lasest craze, its called toothing or sommat, its basically when you flirt with an unkown person using bluetooth, in a bar etc...

Nah.. bluejacking!... Bluejacking

Tis great.. Send pics, txts, music files..etc

:thumbsup:

ive heard of this

when on the Ring Trip dale got his laptop out and used his USB BT gubbin to pick up somebodys phone in their bag/pocket/etc...

he could have easily accessed the net at their expense!

have you heard of the lasest craze, its called toothing or sommat, its basically when you flirt with an unkown person using bluetooth, in a bar etc...

so there is hope for u mate !!! :lol: just kiddin

see ur just going 2 get ugly sad people who are to shy to actually go and talk 2 a girl doing that.... sorry thats just my opinion!

he could have easily accessed the net at their expense!

i think the phone would need confirmation before connecting to the net....

My phone has a password that the other user must confirm..

If i send files from my PC.. i must authorise the passswrod before it can do this :thumbsup:

the passkey that you type is only used for the comunication between those two devices it's also used to encrypt the data sent between them. so the longer and more complex the passkey the harder it is to crack :)

th badthing a bout bluetooth on mobiles is that the passkey can only contain numbers and is usualy between 4-6 digits this can be cracked in a matter of mins.

if ur using a symbian OS phone (don't know about the others) you have to confirm all transitions from non authorised devices. i think some of the ericson based phone accept text data automaticaly. so u can send them messages. there are backdoors in bluetooth that could allow someone the use the access the internet through your phone but @ 9.6 Kbps whats the point :huh:

software that we used on earpl's yarris is called bemused and is only avalible for symbian OS e.g N-gage, P800 (crap but hey), NK7650 etc.

you can down load it here - http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~ashley/

the only real use we've found for this software is loading up sound clips from half-life's barny sitting in the pub waiting for someone to walk past the car and getting it to shout silly things at them like "what do you want on your tomb stone?". yea turner what do you want on your tomb stone?

3 hrs sleep :thumbsup: < shame they ain't got one wiv the middle one up. it's mikes silly notebook keyboard it's like playing the piano with boxing gloves on. (umm mikes mom) it was just for refferance incase anyone was wondering what software we used.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links