Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Should You Wear Your Seatbelt?

Matthew_McNally

Its second nature to me. Don't know how people can't do it. It feels like your naked or sommit when driving. You know like when you forget to put your watch on and it just feels wrong.

I'll get in the passanger seat and reach over my right shoulder for the seatbelt :blink: its a kind of subconsious(?) action.

I had a nasty prang a few years back whena front tyre blew out at 80 in a fiesta!!!!

All I can say is I'm VERY glad I was wearing a seat belt, and was in latterly supportive recaros!!!

sorry to say but i hardly wear mine! it used to be second nature to me but i just seem to keep forgettin! soon as i realsise i put it on though! i wouldnt mind one of those alarms to remind you to buckle up.

was lucky i had mine on when my old car was hit or might have been a different story!

il try not to crash into you then :P dont want a splattered houston, besides, i dont know of any other TOC members in shields

i cant drive without it on, it feels wierd, like im not in the seat properly.. not a bad thing i suppose

i remember seeing a docu about car safety or something, and when the seatbelts were introduced they had the swish clip campaign...

Anyways, the man behind it, said when he went into the hosptial, all the beds were full due to seroius injuries from crashes, but after the campaign and people getting the idea, when he went in then, there were 2 people in (as aspossed to the 50 half dead people and 50 injured) with servere whiplash...

Get the point?

Its second nature to me. Don't know how people can't do it. It feels like your naked or sommit when driving. You know like when you forget to put your watch on and it just feels wrong.

I'll get in the passanger seat and reach over my right shoulder for the seatbelt :blink: its a kind of subconsious(?) action.

Totally with you there mate :thumbsup:

Yup second nature for me. The car doesn't start until the belt is on (but that's just the habit I'm in).

11 years ago I had a head-on with an MPV (not my fault). I was well glad I was wearing the seat belt even though it tore out a nipple ring, cracked a rib and removed skin from my shoulder. I'd hate to think what would of happened if I weren't wearing it... Probably landed up with my face in the crotch of the MPV driver :unsure: :ffs:

From the pic it looks like the passenger wasnt wearing one either. :ph34r:

Also reminds me of another thing...remebering seatbelt is good..but has any1 seen random car saftey programs about what could happen if you have a toolbox in the boot(or other unsecure stuff) or stuff on the rear shelf...goddam it smashed the dummies heads to bits in a 20mph collision!.

I have the engine in the back ...hmm I can picture it now...me rolling into casualty with a CT20b turbo lodged in the back of my scalp :lol:.

Well... its unlikely the car aint got 3 firewalls for nowt.

reaction for me

i even sit there at maccy d's drive through with it on

you'd have a head ache in the morning. after being in several car crashes none of which my fault infact none while i was driving. in all of them i was a rear passenger. heres the break down

Accident : 20 mph handbreak turn over a speed bump - not the best idea.

Car : Nissan Micra (old bubble shape) 1.0

Result : car on it's side. minor concusion.

Accident : 35 mph spinoff into a railing

Car : Rover Metro 1.0

Result : cus i only had the seat belt over one arm as i was trying to get my phone out my pocket. the impact spun me round and hit my head on to the piller behind the passenger door. 6 hours in A&E. realy realy bad concussion thought my name was norm. and a week off work, paid of course. car was a write off.

Accident : 60 mph head on into a brick wall.

Car : Rover Metro GTA (1.4 na)

Result : bit shaken nothing more, walked away. car was a write off.

moral of the story all ways wear your seat belt the only accident in which i was injured was when i wasn't wearing it properly!! if i hadn't been wearing it at all claire (front passenger) would pretty much be dead. she got off quite lightly as well, whiplash and a month in a neck coller.

either wear your seat belt or you won't get another chance to.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links