Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clear Corners & Side Strips Added :)

KiwiMR2

Yaaaa....their on :P

photobucketversion.jpg

Iv'e had no luck at both our main car parts shop for an ORANGE bulb for the clear...am running with the normal clear one at the moment. Any recomendations?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Nice one mate, corners look nce n flush now! Will have to get me some of those side strips eventually..sorry dunno where u can get orange bulb in nz though! Do they ened to be orange by law over there?

Nice one mate, corners look nce n flush now! Will have to get me some of those side strips eventually..sorry dunno where u can get orange bulb in nz though! Do they ened to be orange by law over there?

Is it me or am I seeing my OLD pic up there?? :blink:

By law were SUPPOSED to have orange indicators BUT it looks quite nice in white, quite hard to tell there wrong as there nice in bright. Might just roll with them as is and see if I get done :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

how did ya get rid of the side repeaters?? :blink:

The late model MR2's (1996 upwards) don't have them....just the plain strip like I have put in. Im THINKING about adding some of the small oval clear one's up near the door later on :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Sorry it's off topic, but...

I jus' luve the Toms front bumper. Cool as mate. :thumbsup:

Thanks :D You wait...the rest of the Tom's kit should be arriving to me this week (Tom's side's, rear, & LOWER ONLY rear spoiler) around christmas I'll be painting and fitting it & painting the top half black. It's gonna look mint B) Rims to follow after that.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

looks good fella, take it you found another front clear then, I was having a hunt.

Looks good ..

looks good fella, take it you found another front clear then, I was having a hunt.

Looks good ..

Cheers. Nah I bit the bullet & brought a new set, worked out to $74.97 BP's shipped to my door. I'll end up selling the one I have hopefully as a pair when I find a drivers side, so still keep ya eye's peeled but it's no longer crucial :)

I found one at our local wreakers but they want $41.25 GBP's just for the one side & I'll be lucky to get $75 for a 2nd hand pair.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

looks great!

i've just ordered some of those clear crystal fronts myself and some white side repeaters :D

p.s that Tom's bumper is just awesome!

Just a thought as I did this with my old XR3i. If you can't fint orange bulbs then try a model shop as you can buy clear orange paint for detailing indicators on model cars. Paint up the clear bulbs and let them dry and voila....orange indicators.

Don't apply thick coats and allow to dry fully before a second coat and fitting to car. The paint will also wear quicker then factory orange bulbs but it does work well.

My pet hate is white indicators. Nothing more annoying in my book than a white indicator flashing on the car in front. I think cars should fail the MOT more on this as it is an actual MOT failure.

Back to yourcar though....looks superb, I love it.

U dnt want orange indicator bulbs man, get silver bulbs, they'll look alot nicer, so you don't get the fried egg look init. Or you could try the new style LED bulbs. If you still dnt have any luck, you could ask someone over here to send you some init, got any relatives over in UK?

Even the petrol stations sell orange bulbs mate!!!!

I have the silver line ones in my supra, they look silvery blue, but they light up orange...

plain orange tint bulds in clear lights give a "fried egg" look!!!

I'll see if I can find a piccy!

Cheers guys :)

I did find some silver coated orange bulbs which would have been PERFECT but you know how there are 2 small metal dot's that are on the side of the base...the one's that hold the bulb in when you push & turn.....well the one's I need the dot's are directly across from each other (like quarter to 3 on a clock)....EVERY orange bulb I could find those bit's were not directly across from each other, they were like ten to 3 on a clock. When I did finaly find some led one's they needed to be 12v 21w but they were 12v 7w. I queryed the shop guys as to weather because they were led they may be brighter than traditional bulbs hence the lower wattage?? they all said "yep", got them home...tried them & they were wayyyyyy to dim....could hardly see them blinking!! So yeah...no luck in that sense. My last ditch efforts were 2 gas stations on the way home...they had NO orange one's at all.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

the bulbs i used in mine were chrome looking but flashed orange, so u cant see them thru the lens!!!!

they're Spanish but i expect u can get them anywhere,cost me £12 from the local Autoworld

Cheers guys  :)

I did find some silver coated orange bulbs which would have been PERFECT but you know how there are 2 small metal dot's that are on the side of the base...the one's that hold the bulb in when you push & turn.....well the one's I need the dot's are directly across from each other (like quarter to 3 on a clock)....EVERY orange bulb I could find those bit's were not directly across from each other, they were like ten to 3 on a clock. When I did finaly find some led one's they needed to be 12v 21w but they were 12v 7w. I queryed the shop guys as to weather because they were led they may be brighter than traditional bulbs hence the lower wattage?? they all said "yep", got them home...tried them & they were wayyyyyy to dim....could hardly see them blinking!! So yeah...no luck in that sense. My last ditch efforts were 2 gas stations on the way home...they had NO orange one's at all.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

SAME PROB...................IVE JUST READ THIS AFTER REPLYING.THE CHROME ONES LINE UP , THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT DID FIT

• 5 months later...
Yaaaa....their on  :P

photobucketversion.jpg

Iv'e had no luck at both our main car parts shop for an ORANGE bulb for the clear...am running with the normal clear one at the moment. Any recomendations?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

WHERE DID U GET REPEATER BLANKS FROM?????

NEED HELP SOME :censor: SMASHED MY REV 1 1991 REPEATERS & HAVIN REAL PROBLEMS REPLACING THEM!!

CHEERS

JASE

Cheers guys  :)

I did find some silver coated orange bulbs which would have been PERFECT but you know how there are 2 small metal dot's that are on the side of the base...the one's that hold the bulb in when you push & turn.....well the one's I need the dot's are directly across from each other (like quarter to 3 on a clock)....EVERY orange bulb I could find those bit's were not directly across from each other, they were like ten to 3 on a clock.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

What we do over here when we fit the clear corners in place of the orange (which require the quarter to 3 pins) is use the old bulbholder and file off one of the pins on the ten to 3 type bulbs. They fit a treat then.

looks good mate. Same as me, with no side repeaters.

I was sure your car had more bodykit on it tho?.. obv not.

jaseb00 ... you can get them from toyota, but they ARE expensive. mine were about £40 per side!

jaseb00 ... you can get them from toyota, but they ARE expensive. mine were about £40 per side!

Jim, you know the part numbers for them?

kiwiMR2 try these guys..... Powerbulbs they are very good/fast worldwide delivery. Gold discount too! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
looks good mate. Same as me, with no side repeaters.

I was sure your car had more bodykit on it tho?.. obv not.

thanks will have to give them a call sometime.

£40 is ALOT 4 a bit of plastic!!!! :ffs:

• 3 weeks later...

Jim, you know the part numbers for them?

kiwiMR2 try these guys..... Powerbulbs they are very good/fast worldwide delivery. Gold discount too! :thumbsup:

Just off the subject!!!

where did u get your alloys from and how much??

cheers

mate :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links