Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-cat Diy.

aa120n

does anyone know if it's easy or not to de-cat the orginal exhaust??

i.e. smashing out the cat? :blink:

Once it's off it's easy....it's getting it off though that can be a right pain in the ****!! quite often the bolts etc are seized :(

Cheers

KiwiMR2

With them tightening down on emissions... again... it might be an idea to buy a de-cat pipe, and keep your original cat for MOT time. A new cat will cost you more to buy than a de-cat pipe will!

Just my two pennies worth.

Oh... and I have the Aussie de-cat pipe.

I know someone who has a Rev3 de-cat pipe in stainless made by Amber Performance. I think he only wants £100, and it's never been on his car. He has a Rev2 and never fitted it... and never sent it back either!

Mine was smashed out by a garage .. took about an hour apparently ..

Ive heard of some just falling to bits (inards, not the whole thing :D ) when you remove them...

You never know your luck.

The hardest part will be getting the bolts off so make sure you have replacements just incase they snap :thumbsup:

Doesnt a downpipe replace cat anyway?

Yes it does.

But you can simply 'gut' the standard cat so it acts as a straight through 'de-cat' pipe. Some will say it acts like a swirl pot and help gas flow.

A de-cat pipe does replace the cat... but you will still need a cat come MOT time to get it through. If you gut your standard cat, then you'll need to get hold of a new one for MOT time. It's not a reversible operation!!!

A de-cat pipe does replace the cat... but you will still need a cat come MOT time to get it through. If you gut your standard cat, then you'll need to get hold of a new one for MOT time. It's not a reversible operation!!!

Unless your car was built before 1993 then its not compulsery :thumbsup:

True... unless they change that somehow!

Just noticed he's running a Rev2! :rolleyes:

True... unless they change that somehow!

Just noticed he's running a Rev2! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out some crazy law that all cars built whenever, had to have a cat fitted... :rolleyes:

Thing is my car is a K reg 1993 which would mean REV 3 , BUT according to the log book it was manufactured and driven in 1992 in japan.

hmmm

I've been told (And do stress, only been told)

That Tubbies arent on the Emissions Database, so you can get away with a de-cat ;)

That's what I've also 'heard'!

Thing is my car is a K reg 1993 which would mean REV 3 , BUT according to the log book it was manufactured and driven in 1992 in japan.

hmmm

Rev 3's where introduced in 1994, late L' reg

I'm sure you know what version your driving though.

The DVLA often dont put the right age plate on imports (only by a year out usualy)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links