Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New T Sport Delivered Today :)

XTJC

Got a (54) T sport delivered today in pearlescent black and thought I would offer some first impressions in comparison with my now removed golf GTI turbo and weekend toy clio cup.

The T sport was delivered as a company car with a drink as much as you can fuel card :)

The car was pretty dirty :angry: but a quick wash and a coat of NXT wax (meguairs) soon had it looking great. I know the CTS is criticised for not looking overtly sporting but alongside my old golf it looked great! love the spoiler, the 'Ricer' stylee single bore non rolled exaust, white dials etc..

Once the oil was up to temp the lift mode got explored :unsure: ! I perhaps shouldn't of but lets just say the piston rings have forged a good seal :thumbsup:

Pace was good but will improve I know with a few k miles on the clock. I wouldn't be surprised if it could stay with a clio cup in a starightline B)

Handling was much better than the golf (no big surprises there) but is still some way off the clio cup and being a company car I can't mod the suspension :angry:

All in all it appears to be anice car, good stereo comfy seats etc and can't wait to drive it again tomoz

Anyone know why the engine strut brace is flexible?

Cheers

PS the sound as it chases the redline.......................

Hi XTJC

Glad that you like the new car. I remember when i had one for a few days. Man i just loved the way it sounded when it was reaching red band. And the lift. It's kinda weird as you feel the car going all light as the car lift's :thumbsup:

About the strut brace. I dont think that it should be loose. Perhaps point this out to the main dealer or just tighten it up yourself mate :thumbsup:

have fun with it mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Cheers

sorry strut brace isn't loose as in screws need to be tightened it is flexible (on purpose)? with a trailing arm linkjage of some sort that means you can pull the brace out and back a few cm's?

My CTS has done 5k now and its still as tight as a knats chuff ! Fuel economy is improving slightly but the pick up is definately there. i remember the first time I hit the lift........ :blink:

Accylad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links