Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Sort Of Adaptor

breezer

Hi there as you know i have a yaris 1L S! it didnt come with a cd player, but i now have a alpine head unit. my car originally just came with dash Speakers, NO door Speakers. But iv added some shelf Speakers AND door speakers and theyre all wire into the same place.

So i cannot fade to the rear speakers for this reason, i was wondering if there is some sort of adaptor that toyota makes.

This probs applys for other cars too!

if you can mix the speaker wires , instead of fade , use balance left or right then it becomes front and rear if you know what i mean :wacko: . a small ammount of front gives you just the sound your after. :thumbsup:

dont forget to inform the insurance people , Speakers are mods . lmao :lol::lol:

But iv added some shelf speakers AND door speakers and theyre all wire into the same place.

Is the reason why you cannot 'fade'!

Got a n Iso block from halford?..

Cut the block and make sure the wires from the HU match up with the speaker wire.. Fr - Fr, Fl - Fl.. make sense? ;)

Right, coming from your head unit youll have wires going to a 'block' (right?)..

This 'block' is then connected to a Halfords ISO lead..(yes?)

Look at the colours coming from the unit, and where they go to in the block.. You then will need to cut the Halfords ISO block wires and connect your speaker wires using block connectors..

For instance.. the Rear Left speaker wire coming out of the HU is pink..follow this wire into the block..then whatever wire is opposite..thats where you need to connect your Rear Left speaker wire..

:unsure:

does knightrider have issues ? lol u guys are funny :thumbsup:

does knightrider have issues ? lol u guys are funny

I think it`s a Yaris thing :huh:

First off you need to know if your headunit has four outputs or more. Font left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Right. Wire your Speakers accordingly. But I take it this is not the case.

If the headunit does not have four independant outputs and you want to fade between front & rear, you'll have to do the stereo configuration (i.e front Speakers on the left channel and rear on the right channel) but then you'll loose your stereo imaging and most songs will just sound !Removed! from the drivers seat.

Another thing you really ought to consider is the integrated amplifiers power handling - can it cope with the load of extra Speakers. Calculating the impedance is important here and depending on how you wire the speakers (series or parallel) will influence the amount of impedance. Although most headunits *should* be able to run fine down to 4Ohms.

AFAIK, there is no dual channel to quad channel adaptor. If your stereo has a line out put the best thing to do is get a suitable powered amplifier that has four channels with independant level control per channel. But then with the same money, you could probably get a decent headunit with four channels and fade and balance etc... etc... It all depends on how far you want to go with upgrading your sound and what sort of quality you are looking for... :unsure:

How long is a piece of string?

:P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links