Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Streio Systems

woogaz

hi, was wondering if any of you could help me,

i want to put some 6X9 Speakers in the back of my yaris but weas wondering if i will have to get the deck replaced? i was thinking bout having it done but i don't want all those buttons in the center consol to be dead, any sugestions much appreicited.

regards

gareth

You do not need to replace the headunit to fit rear Speakers.

However you do have to worry about dropping the ampage.

My rear Speakers are currently being run off the drivers side door speaker.

For the rear shelf you can either fit them into the standard shelf (as mine are, covered with audio carpet) or buy a stealth shelf which are supposed to be more firm and therefore give a better sound. hey are about 80-100 pound.

Welcome to the club fella!

Nah, no need to replace the deck... otherwise i wouldn't have Speakers in the back of my SR at this moment in time! You can get some fitted by toyota for £100 but from my experience, you'd be better off fitting something with a bit more shazzam!

If you look in your boot, to the right hand side, next to the seat there's a hole in the side where cables run into, so that's no problem, as for connecting to the standard head unit, i think you'll need some form of adaptor to run aftermarket Speakers (someone will tell you which soon - im no expert!)

Hope this has helped in some way! If you can, get some pics up of your car... its always nice seeing another SR! Check my garage link below for a fine example!! (In my eyes anyway!!)

Just visit your local dealer and he will provide a wiring loom to attach more Speakers to the standard head unit. This costs circa £15 and is pretty straight forward to fit. Also, if you have a phase 2 Yaris you may need to buy a new parcel shelf. This is because you will struggle to fit 6x9's to this as it is shorter than the original parcel shelf in a phase 1 Yaris.

Thanks

Yarisldc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links