Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing The ***** Lever

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Hey ppl who have changed their long **** lever for the short **** lever. Whats involved in it please? Do i have to take off the centre top black rubbery cover off the trans tunnel? Or just the bolts/ nuts under the gaiter cover? Someone give me a step by step pls, fanx mucho.

I also made my own short shift...

It involved plugging my grinder in and cutting the lever in half, ;)

I know that... But the shorter the gear stick, the shorter the travel.

Theres hardly any difference between mine and Jims and he's got a proper short shift.

Who's Russ? Is Russ an id or guy? I got a short shift stick, but was a typo in the heading init. I think I missed out the 'f'. Was thinking of just chopping the long one down init, but thought about the mess the filings would leave, so bought one of a guy in the US for 50 USD. He thought he was getting a deal, till he found out how much it cost to ship it over. HAHA, but he said it was his own fault for not checking the shipping price first, so let me have it. :P

Who's Russ? init. init,

Me!!

But i see your sorted now.

Whats with the init??

Russ

Theres hardly any difference between mine and Jims and he's got a proper short shift.

this may be a bit pedantic, but a proper short shifter stick has a bit taken out of the top section of the stick and then welded into the botton section of the stick as opposed to just cutting a bit off the top.

The difference being you have to move the stick a 'shorter' distance to give a much longer movement at the bottom where it connects to the actuating rod.

Sure, cutting the top will work, but better if you add the cut out section to the bottom to get the true benefit.

this may be a bit pedantic, but a proper short shifter stick has a bit taken out of the top section of the stick and then welded into the botton section of the stick as opposed to just cutting a bit off the top.

The difference being you have to move the stick a 'shorter' distance to give a much longer movement at the bottom where it connects to the actuating rod.

Sure, cutting the top will work, but better if you add the cut out section to the bottom to get the true benefit.

Opps, I think I quoted the wrong post, sorry, I meant to quote one higher up in the thread :unsure:

"I also made my own short shift...

It involved plugging my grinder in and cutting the lever in half, "

Wot?? Fitz has confused me now man. No no no, am not sorted now init, I got a short shift lever right, but how do I fit it? Thats what I was asking init. OMGGGG. Do I just take out the four nuts/ bolts which are in the corners of the top metal plate? I just farted. And now I can't remember what else is under that plate now. I don't need to take off the black to cover do I?

cheers.... lol

you take the .......... ah frig it...

if I can suss it out mate you can.. lol. Just start to take the car apart, think I took the whole middle bit out. Is pretty easy once you get started, a little fiddly though.

urotsukidoji_badassdemon why have you gone from a really cool person speaking correctly to someone straight out of eminems fan listing? whats with the flood of innit and wierd english?

Its rather annoying :eek::angry:

Mood swings I think, Ever experienced those times when you just feel like nothing is going your way, when that thing you wanted just won't happen? Must be just me. Ah well, I guess I'll have to have a play with it. Oh yeah. :thumbsup:

OK, done it now, wasn't too bad to do, hardest part was getting the old stick out of the ball and socket joint. And was well covered in grease. But got there in the end. Doesn't feel that much shorter tho really, just the top of the rod itself is shorter, the throw is only marginally shorter. It's an O.E. rod I got.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links