Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Getting Wires From The Battery To Cockpit?

JappyBeast

Ok, had a go it getting a live/earth from my Battery into the cockpit today with no luck. I pulled all the plastic off and located the rubber grommet above the powersteering pump where the loom goes in. I pushed the wires in but couldnt locate them from inside the cockpit.

I tried reaching under the glove box near the footwell but couldnt locate the wires.

Spoke to Jimlad on the phone and he seems to think you have to take the stereo out to locate the wires but that is in the center.

Any help would be great!

There's a grommit right behind the Battery which leads to the back of the stereo.

I used this one when i fitted Jims amp... and yes its easier with the stereo out :thumbsup:

Also one that I used for all my stereo stuff that comes out behind the clutch, next to the foot rest....that way you don't have to take anything inside the cockpit apart ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Yeah, theres two or three gromits you can use, i just used this one cos it was right where i wanted to go with the cable.

Up to you which one to use ;)

I know what you mean but you can see at least 2 ways in with the plastic trim off.

I wouldn't use the one on the passenger side,

its hard to feed the cable thru from inside the car cos its way up high behind the dash

Just use the one in the middle,

less hastle in the long run and it only takes 5 mins to take the stereo out

The one I used to wire up my sub is directly behind the glove box, very easy to locate from both ends. Took about 10 mins to completely wire up my sub in the car (as its under the bonnet, but I was pushing the wires through and someone was in the passenger footwell locating them.

The one I used to wire up my sub is directly behind the glove box, very easy to locate from both ends. Took about 10 mins to completely wire up my sub in the car (as its under the bonnet, but I was pushing the wires through and someone was in the passenger footwell locating them.

Ditto .. I used the one behind the G'box, that cause my large guage power cable runs down the passenger door sill.

Ditto .. I used the one behind the G'box, that cause my large guage power cable runs down the passenger door sill.

I'm doing this weekend, now I only had a quick look last night in the dark but is it just me or could I not see the Battery anywhere? :wacko:

And is it easy to get the carpets up without them permanently staying up? :yes:

And.... where's a good point for the ground from the amp, if the amp is mounted behind one of the seats?

The battery is under the bonnet just underneath where the spare tire sits...

Ah right didn't look under the tire :D

No probs :)

Take the tire out, then, as you look at where it used to be, the gromet that comes out by the glove box is slightly to the right, you may have to move the plastic surround to get to it though.

Good luck :)

The battery is under the bonnet just underneath where the spare tire sits...

Ah right didn't look under the tire :D

No probs :)

Take the tire out, then, as you look at where it used to be, the gromet that comes out by the glove box is slightly to the right, you may have to move the plastic surround to get to it though.

Good luck :)

Cheers, I'll probably need it :D

Don't suppose you have any info on the carpet or ground question? :)

When I had my under car lights fitted and multi fuse box, the matey shoved my meaty cable through a small/medium sized grommeted hole in front of the glove box, which he used a wire coat hanger to feed through init. the cbale came down from behind the glove box to the floor, no probs man.

For grounding, my amp is actually in the bonnet so may not be able to help you much...

Which bit of carpet are you talking about?

the interior carpet come up wasy (start on the door sill) and then just push it back and it'll be fine ..

I've an amp behind each seat, but I'm hoping to move them to under the seats soon ..

init
<_<

the interior carpet come up wasy (start on the door sill) and then just push it back and it'll be fine ..

I've an amp behind each seat, but I'm hoping to move them to under the seats soon ..

init
<_<

Amp's behind the seats -> Where did you put the ground? :D I read that the bolts that hold the seats in are a good place?

Amp's behind the seats -> Where did you put the ground? :D I read that the bolts that hold the seats in are a good place?

The possitive and negative come off the Battery ..

The possitive and negative come off the Battery ..

The ground wire from the amp is supposed to be as short as possible... you're run it back along the car to the Battery again? :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links