Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If You Had The Choice Of Respraying Your Mr2

james1760

my car is booked in to be resprayed next monday and will be having a veilside kit fitted with the bomex front lip

at the moment i have decided to go for rx8 red but with bigger flakes to give a deeper shine.

but i am wondering if i should go for another color after seeing the color they sprayed the trans am on "pimp my ride" which was a kinda light blue.

any suggestions? and flip paint is a no no btw lol

my car is booked in to be resprayed next monday and will be having a veilside kit fitted with the bomex front lip

YAY veilside :thumbsup::thumbsup:

any suggestions? and flip paint is a no no btw lol

Go for a White/Yellow Pearlescent job mate. Looks nice and pearly but when you move around a tint of yellow comes through. I know you said no to a flip paint job, but I am sure you will love this.

I think JimLad was going to go for this but opted out :thumbsup:

posted this on another forum and a few ppl have suggested candy Apple red and to be honest it looks pretty cool, it goes a nice orange colour under sunlight.

zircon blue is a very nice color for the mr2! but i dont really want to spend £700 for it to look like a std mr2 if you know what i mean,

i think i am going with candy Apple red, i am not 100% sure but i think the rx8 red is actually called candy Apple red?

Black or white are my favourite colours, both are a pain in the @rse to keep clean but look the best when polished up.

:thumbsup:

Or you could always go yellow!!! ive seen a few MR2's in that colour and they look great!

JDM Mica Orange would be my 1st choice (Mega rare)

Followed by Pearescent white. I saw a Renault 5 GT Turbo in this colour about

8-9 years ago in North Wales and it was superb by all accounts!

I'd do it I had the £££!

was gonna post up a pic of my white 2...but just look at rows instead :drool:

wouldnt have mine any other way :P

Satin black... go aggressive.

Careful with flips/candies etc.

*sensible hat on*

Bare in mind the difficulty in matching paintwork should any repair work, or further body modifications be required.

*sensible hat back on shelf*

:ph34r:

Post pics when done.

How about Rover's Amaranth, it's not flip but looks it. It's actually pearlescent so a lot cheaper:

purpley2.jpg

purpley.jpg

Other colours I can think would look good are a pearl orange, pearl light green (think there was one MR2 in this colour in the trade section at Trax this year.

i think i am going with candy apple red, i am not 100% sure but i think the rx8 red is actually called candy apple red?

It might be called it but it definatley ain't the same as the true candy Apple red from the states, in sunlight it is a deep red(definately not orange) with the gold flakes shining out but out off the sun it is the deepest red but is still glistening if you get my meaning :unsure:

I nearly went for it myself until i saw my new colour and the other contender was a peppermint green :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links