Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For Some Mr2 Spec Help

dudeone

Hi All,

I am looking at getting shot of me car and getting an MR2 95 onwards but I could do with some :help: please, basically is there a MR2 guru out there who can tell me what I need and where I can find it????

Basically I am a novice as far as all of the variations with the MR2 goes, this is my idea on what I would like:

MR2 revision 3-4

Turbo

Sunroof preferably

After reading a lot of for sale adds I have noticed that most do not mention the Turbo, can some one tell me is the turbo a std feature on all MR2s or was it a add on??

Did the MR2 ever come in a specific year as just turbo version or has there always been the 2 version???

When looking for an MR2 what should I look out for mainly???

Is there any thing such as recalls that should have been done etc that I must check on??

Thanx everyone for your help :thumbsup:

Dave

The Turbo version was only the Jap/USA version. The UK Mr2 was only a n/a engine ( non turbo ).

There are a few good MR2 buyers guides out there mate, simply do a google search.

Also... don't be put off from buying a rev1 car! You can get a bargain rev1 Turbo nowadays.

Hi,

Ive read a few write-ups and most say that the pre-94 MR2 where let me quote:

''Early Nineties cars lack power steering and ABS; and their handling is slightly unpredictable and can catch out the unwary driver. They're not recommended unless you offset their limitations against lower prices''

This has put me off a little TBH, I have not driven an MR2 so I can only go from whet I read, this maybe complete :ffs: for all I know if anyone would like ot coment on the early MK2 MR2's.

So basically if I want a turbo version then it’s an imported car that im looking at as the UK spec never came aspirated?

Thanx mate

Dave

plus ditch the idea of getting a sunroof!!! get a t-bar!!!! you wont regret it when you hear the noise of the engine under a tunnel etc!!! plus for the summers!!!!

So this is my conclusion so far:

I want a MR2 2.0 GT Turbo T-Bar un modded and STD in Black, Blue or Silver only

Not sure about the Pre-94 models as I like the sound of the beefed up suspension, larger alloys and the extra BHP. But is this spec just the UK spec.

If I went for the above MR2 with the turbo is the revisions the same as its an Import????? oh god my head hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Dave

I used to here all of the horror stories about imported cars but as its got on the stories have died out, can anyone who’s got an imported car or knows some one who’s got one please tell me the truth are they ok is there any hassle with them are the parts as easy to get etc etc..

Also any good places to buy one from....

Cheers Dave

Dave fella

Where are you based?

How much money have you got to spend. I have got a cracking little car for sale £5500. E-Mail me on Dan26021982@aol.com if you are interested.

:P

mr dodger, i think he has his heart set on a rev3 sunroof/ t-bar turbo :D

i was gonna advertise mine... but it's only a rev1 :(

Hey thanx for that it has cleared up a load of questions, my only next issue is insurance as I got a quote for the 2.0GT T-Bar and its cheaper than my existing car by bout a tonne, but when I put in the 2.0 GTs Turbo version I get please call as we cannot proceed with a quote online, or in other words lets fleece you big style. :ffs:

Dave

Hey thanx for that it has cleared up a load of questions, my only next issue is insurance as I got a quote for the 2.0GT T-Bar and its cheaper than my existing car by bout a tonne, but when I put in the 2.0 GTs Turbo version I get please call as we cannot proceed with a quote online, or in other words lets fleece you big style. :ffs:

Dave

When they say please call it can mean that they need more detailed information or simply that they don't quote for that type of car. my friend always has to call them up and fax across his modifications, simply because his mods fill up an A4 page so an underwriter needs to check through it and give a personal quote based on his own car, not a car of the same model.

I've heard import insurance to be high and not everyone will insure imports, hence why I am looking to a 2.0 nasp t bar. I have not phoned about for a quote though as I am looking forward to my insurance dropping from the current car.

So you get a price on a GT turbo but none on the GT-S turbo when the only difference is POSSIBLE options....none of which increase the power etc :rolleyes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

get a sunroof, T-bars leak :crybaby:

NOT ALL TBARS RUDDY LEAK!!!!!!!! :ffs:

The ones that do can easily be fixed in 5 mins!!!!!!!

That's like saying all Scottish people are ginger and wear kilts!!! Grrrrr :ffs:

..... and you don't get sunroof turbos!

Also rev1's can have ABS, Power Steering etc... mine has.

So you get a price on a GT turbo but none on the GT-S turbo when the only difference is POSSIBLE options....none of which increase the power etc  :rolleyes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Only managed to get a quote on a GT as soon as I mention Turbo thats when it stops and tells me to call em....... :ffs:

So you get a price on a GT turbo but none on the GT-S turbo when the only difference is POSSIBLE options....none of which increase the power etc  :rolleyes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Only managed to get a quote on a GT as soon as I mention Turbo thats when it stops and tells me to call em....... :ffs:

Insurance companies wont insure on imports anymore unless you have the following:

- Experience in driving imports (previous covernotes etc)

- At least 2YNC Bonus

- 25+

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Insurance companies wont insure on imports anymore unless you have the following:

- Experience in driving imports (previous covernotes etc)

- At least 2YNC Bonus

- 25+

Thats for Turbos :bye:

mr dodger, i think he has his heart set on a rev3 sunroof/ t-bar turbo :D

i was gonna advertise mine... but it's only a rev1 :(

Shaf!

I am trying to plug my car here ;) OK OK its a Tin-Top, but its a beautiful car :thumbsup:

That's like saying all Scottish people are ginger and wear kilts!!!  Grrrrr  :ffs:

Shut it ya skirt wearing ginge ..

And no, not all T-bars leak, only 99.9% of them ..

And it'll ask you to call on ALL import cars .. just pick up the dog and call 'em ..

Cheers

KiwiMR2

:wacko: So a GT over there isn't turbo?? Only variants Im familar with are the GT, GT-S (both turbos) and the G-limited (Non-turbo). You chaps have a GTi yeah?? is that what you mean by GT?? no such thing as a G-limited over there??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links