Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Your Exhaust?

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Anyone got any pictures of the Mongoose or the TRD twin exit. Now thats what I'm looking into :thumbsup: I still would like to have twin exhaust pipes still ;)

jerry!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EarL

• jerry phipps

• EmR2T

• ricomr2

I also gues that the downpipe makes a good diference to the flow for spoolup etc?

Think my car is crying out for one :)

You want a mandrel (sp) bent one as this helps stop any reduction in diameter on the bends which can effect performance

http://paranoia.tuug.fi/gallery/mongoose/20040004_G?full=1

Mongoose exhaust ^^^

Whoever said they are like straws or whatever - they ain't that small. They are a lot bigger than the stock one and probably the best looking one with a nice thick rim. They are known to be good quality as well. I guess it's horses for courses - I personally think the single exit huge pipes look to much like they have just been slapped on out of place - mongoose is best :)

Anyone got any pictures of the Mongoose or the TRD twin exit. Now thats what I'm looking into  :thumbsup: I still would like to have twin exhaust pipes still  ;)

jerry!!

I'll take some pics and record the sound of my TRD when I get it back on Saturday Jerry. It's in having a boost controller, BOV and some other work done at the mo. :thumbsup:

I use a Remus twin exit...

Quite good, really quiet when idling, but when you floor it, it resonates like a !Removed! and gives a really warm sound.

They are quite rare apparently though, quite a good find :)

Single exit from the left... straight thru system including de-cat

5" tailpipe and loud as hell!!

Wanna buy it jappy?

U selling it already?

its too loud mate... I'm considering it :rolleyes:

Jimlad:

Aussie downpipe - was this about 200 quid?

I am thinking of getting a de-cat or downpipe - if you get a downpipe does it replace the downpipe to cat? or the cat as well?

I was offered to get a custom powerflow decat fitted for 80 quid but I assume that is just a de cat section not a downpipe?

I also gues that the downpipe makes a good diference to the flow for spoolup etc?

Think my car is crying out for one :)

Replaces the whole lot down to the exhaust. Gives you a goos 10 - 15bhp with a decent exhaust. :thumbsup:

Anyone got any pictures of the Mongoose or the TRD twin exit. Now thats what I'm looking into  :thumbsup: I still would like to have twin exhaust pipes still  ;)

jerry!!

I'll take some pics and record the sound of my TRD when I get it back on Saturday Jerry. It's in having a boost controller, BOV and some other work done at the mo. :thumbsup:

Don't you guys work on your own cars???? :lol:

Yeah - boost control and BOV have to be the easiest mods to do yourself! (Boost controller is fiddly but easy)

Why on earth pay someone to do that for you??

Yeah - boost control and BOV have to be the easiest mods to do yourself! (Boost controller is fiddly but easy)

Why on earth pay someone to do that for you??

Who says I'm paying the earth for it. My mate's doing it for me because I don't have the time. All he want's is me to sort his PC out for him.

Nah! :P

* tut * ... you guys ...

http://paranoia.tuug.fi/gallery/mongoose/20040004_G?full=1

Mongoose exhaust ^^^

Whoever said they are like straws or whatever - they ain't that small. They are a lot bigger than the stock one and probably the best looking one with a nice thick rim. They are known to be good quality as well. I guess it's horses for courses - I personally think the single exit huge pipes look to much like they have just been slapped on out of place - mongoose is best :)

Hi EmR2T

Man that mongoose exhaust looks awesome. I'm really impressed with the finish on it. So how much did that set you back buddy??

jerry!!

jerry!!

Hi Earl

Cheer mate :thumbsup: Look forward to seeing the pictures of the TRD exhaust and hearing the sound clip as well. Also how much did that set you back as well??

jerry!!

Hi Earl

Cheer mate  :thumbsup: Look forward to seeing the pictures of the TRD exhaust and hearing the sound clip as well. Also how much did that set you back as well??

jerry!!

Not sure mate, It was on the car when I bought it. I'll take a look through the invoices I had with it tonight and let you know. The guy I bought the car from was a US airman and it was imported from the US, but I know you can get them here.

Suffice to say, combined with the downpipe, it makes a real difference to the overall performance of the car, and it sounds great.

:thumbsup:

Hi EmR2T

Man that mongoose exhaust looks awesome. I'm really impressed with the finish on it. So how much did that set you back buddy??

jerry!!

It was on the car when I got it luckily - but if it hadn't have been then I think htey are around 3-400 max. The way the tail pipe is rolled looks great and not like an obvious add on part.

I think that it is quite widely acknowledged that they are a safe bet to go with on a tubby.

Mine is a Janwa it's single big bore exit. But it's fairly quite untill you get past 4K then it comes quite vocal (not loud though).

People say that they hear my turbo spooling a mile way though :thumbsup:

Cheers guys

With all this talk about exhaust pipes I'm seriously thinking of getting myself a new set up. But with just starting a new job i will have to way awhile. But i think that it's going to be one of the first mods that i will do to the car ;)

jerry!!

Cheers guys

With all this talk about exhaust pipes I'm seriously thinking of getting myself a new set up. But with just starting a new job i will have to way awhile. But i think that it's going to be one of the first mods that i will do to the car  ;)

jerry!!

If it's your first mod, you won't go far wrong with an exhaust Jerry. If it's a stainless system, you're only adding value to the car as well. :thumbsup:

I'll give mine a wash and take some pics this morning. Also see if I can record the sound.

L8er :thumbsup:

Here ya go Jerry. Couldn't get my phone to re-produce a good enough recording, but I'll see what I can sort out later.

exhaust.jpg

Aussie downpipe with HKS Super Drager...

drager.jpg

Good response, good torque, good power, lovely noise (jet engine on full chat)... over-priced. £1000.

:ph34r:

(ricomr2 @ Nov 10 2004, 02:39 AM)

Single exit from the left... straight thru system including de-cat

5" tailpipe and loud as hell!!

Wanna buy it jappy?

U selling it already?

how much u talkin? i really want rid of the pea shooter standard, i dont mind the noise!

Here ya go Jerry.  Couldn't get my phone to re-produce a good enough recording, but I'll see what I can sort out later.

exhaust.jpg

Cheers Earl

Oh yes that TRD exhaust looks really smart mate. So you say thats it sounds really nice? And it's quite a good size bore size as well :thumbsup: You have really got me thinking now ;)

jerry!!

Here ya go Jerry.  Couldn't get my phone to re-produce a good enough recording, but I'll see what I can sort out later.

Cheers Earl

Oh yes that TRD exhaust looks really smart mate. So you say thats it sounds really nice? And it's quite a good size bore size as well :thumbsup: You have really got me thinking now ;)

jerry!!

I'm still working on a faithful reproduction of the sound Jerry (never realised it was so hard to record your exhaust! :blink: ), but suffice to say, it's very unobtrusive at low speed, and only slightly louder than a normal system, but when you wind it up, it has a really nice deep growl. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links