Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Custom Intercooler Spray

Mister2

has anyone on here made one? im planning to make a bootleg intercooler spray using the windshield wiper resivoir. anyone know where i can find a write-up on how to configurate one?

so is that a yes or no? i mean, theres a good number of people who viewed this. i cant even get a simple "no there isnt?"

No one on here Im aware of.....a mate of mine who USED to have a MR2 (now a supra) did a custom one but he doesn't have a pc & I rarely catch up with him these days. Can't be too hard....looked online & saw a fair few guides on making one but none MR2 specific. I wonder weather it is really worth the effort though??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I've got WI and that's as close as I've gone ..

Don't see the point, may as well spray methanol into the IC ;)

The later Subarus and Evos run IC Water Spray... like the rally cars.

Another way of attempting to reduce charge temps. It does work well, but I'd probably go with what Bibbs says with Water Injection.

I've fitted an HKS race intercooler now, and will soon be fitting WI. Water spray will be my last test before going for the full chargecooler.

I wouldn't use the windshield wiper reservoir... you might as well introduce a new water reservoir. Just make sure that you spray from the outside in, to make sure the flow of air takes the cold water spray through the IC fins to help dissipate heat. For trigger points, you'll want to control it off %boost, charge temp and throttle position I suppose. You won't want it spraying water all the time, just when you are giving it over 90% boost for example.

You can fit Halfords 2 litre windscreen washer bottles behind the carpet in the boot. One on each corner.

My WI is either mappable via a chip or you set the boost you want it to come in at and then the "duty" of the two pumps.

I know the GT4 ST205 homologation models actually had IC sprays and AntiLag, but both were switched off for the road car (needed to be on 2500 models to allow use in the rallys or something).

But the MR2 Stock IC is a bad design, in a tiny size in a rubbish location.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links