Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Acv-r

midmotorsteve

Guys got one of these in the post to replace my grainger valve, what are peoples thoughts on these and any handy fitting hints? Got my RSM in my ash try, where else is a good place to put it?

had one on my fiesta turbo, very handy unit indeed!

as far as fitting hints go i think apexi will have a wireing diag included for an mr2 if not its easy enough to fit with just 6 wires to the ECU.

cant think of anywhere else to fit the unit apart from the ash tray, best thing to do would be to sell me the rsm lol

a guy called tim at tb developments makes a nice roof pod for the apexi range of electronic goodies, ive got one for my safcII and it looks great.

hav a look on mr2oc.co.uk and they r on the club shop.

i bought one of those roof pods but got a blitz boost controller instead. you can have mine for £10 less than tb sell it :D

yes Tims shown me the roof pods, but i don't fancy them. Think i'll just stick it to the dash :) Any setup Tips, been reading reviews on the web and they seem to say they can take 4 hours to fit and 6 hours to setup.... i can't imagine that myself... but all the same :D

yep, 4 hours to fit sounds about right.

6 hours to set up? ..... my sbc-id3 took me about an hour of driving and adjusting the setting before i got it right :)

i bought one of those roof pods but got a blitz boost controller instead. you can have mine for £10 less than tb sell it :D

I'll have that for £50 if you haven't already sold it mate :thumbsup:

sold to that man.

pm sent :D

sold to that man.

pm sent :D

Woo Hoo! :thumbsup::lol:

Mine took about 30mins to wire in .. but then I did have a lot of the stuff pre-done.

The MBC was replaced with the solenoid and I just had to tap all the wires into the engine bay and the wires Ihad for the RSM.

But I'm still not good at the tuning bit .. Mines off to Millway for a Dyno tune when I can afford it .. got to wire in the rest of my SAFC first though ..

Mine took about 30mins to wire in .. but then I did have a lot of the stuff pre-done.

The MBC was replaced with the solenoid and I just had to tap all the wires into the engine bay and the wires Ihad for the RSM.

But I'm still not good at the tuning bit .. Mines off to Millway for a Dyno tune when I can afford it .. got to wire in the rest of my SAFC first though ..

cool, mine hasn't arrived yet :( , but thats cool i have the vsv already blocked so its just the solinoid and wiring in, I ran my RSM to the boot so can i tap into those wires :) is so that would be great :)

Bibbs, does it change the way the car drives at all compaired to the grainger valve ?

I think you need a few other wires depending on what you already have .. throttle is one my mk1 RSM didn't.

It is smoother on boost .. where at full chat the MBC stutters, the AVCR doesn't.

Lemmie know if you need a hand ..

• 2 weeks later...

got it fitted :D took ages, about 6 hours, hardwired it into the RSM wires and the ecu loom. Bibbs did you take the green + black ground wire to the RSM ground?

Made Aluminium mounts for the solinoid and the pressure sensor. Trouble is i can't run the car and set it up yet as i decided to clean my HKS filter element while i was poking round, major bad idea it fell to pieces, so got to wait for a new filter element now doh..

I can't remember, I took ALL my feeds of the ECU though inc power ..

And I know there are two ground points, I did both.

Mines off to Millway for a Dyno tune when I can afford it .. got to wire in the rest of my SAFC first though ..

I was down at Millway last weekend. They had a couple of MR2 turbos in. Rather nice indeed :D

Bibbs, setting up, I set boost at 1 bar, then duty cycle to 60% right across the rev range, took for spin, and it holds bang on 1 bar in all the gears. So as far as i'm concerned it seems setup, did you bother with the learn gears function or the n/e thing whatever that is?

I did set mine like that, but then it didn't boost up to 1 bar .. I had to adjust the duty up a touch.

What stat dute etc did you set?

Let me know if Millway have a tweak ..

at first i set duty at 70% across the board but it over boosted so i pulled in and set it to 60% across the board, then went for a drive and after 2 4th gear pulls it was hitting 1 bar everytime. I guess 60% is within the 'learning' range, the first 2 runs it was slightly under 1 bar, but then it picked its self up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links