Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev2 Vs Rev3

dudeone

i prefere the rear of a rev +3 thats why i went for a rev4...was after rev5 but it was hard finding one i liked alot

now after having an n/a i want a tubby :group-cuddles:

i prefere the rear of a rev +3 thats why i went for a rev4...was after rev5 but it was hard finding one i liked alot

now after having an n/a i want a tubby  :group-cuddles:

What's a Tubby????????????

Hi Dawson,

Yeh in same boat, Ive seen them in different places going for all sorts of money, I test drove a Rev2 yesterday and I loved it so I am now thinking if a top one comes along in the price range I want I will seriously consider it as before it was a Rev3 only for me. :thumbsup:

Dave

Have you stopped to think about what sort modding you want to be doing?? how many pony's you plan on going for?? I'd seriously think about it before rushing out and buying one :yes:

If I could have skipped my 90 GT between my NA sw20 & Gen III sw20 I would have but Gen III's are rare as hen's teeth over here & I got a feel for the turbo version via the GT but after owning a Gen III for a few years now I should have just kept the NA till one came up.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

The extra 20bhp that is mentioned is actually a fair bit more. My stock rev3 produced 270bhp on the rollers and its widely known Toyota were conservative on their power outputs for the gen 3.

The turbo is better, the internals are reworked and it's easy to modify plus u can whack a BOV on it without trouble :)

I am glad I waited for a 3 when I was tempted by a 2.

R.

The extra 20bhp that is mentioned is actually a fair bit more. My stock rev3 produced 270bhp on the rollers and its widely known Toyota were conservative on their power outputs for the gen 3.

The turbo is better, the internals are reworked and it's easy to modify plus u can whack a BOV on it without trouble :)

R.

I agree....it got to the point modding wise were all the mr2 guys I new in the know kept saying "if you plan on getting a type III DON'T mod anymore" or when I ask to do such & such they would say " it's not worth it, you would have to do blah blah (big long list)" and then say "if you had a type III then you could just do this"

Each to his own but with type III parts & upgrades being so readily avalible in the UK I think it's a better choice.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

R.

Damn right...

I believe the official figure from Toyota is about 241bhp for the Rev 3.

My car in standard form kicked out 237.5bhp which is just a smidge below the quoted 241bhp...

The thing is my car was only boosting at 7.5Psi where as the normal boost for a rev 3 is 13Psi! B)

Im hoping to be on 15 Psi for the rolling road day we are off to on the 20th.. see what the difference is.. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links