Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Afm V Map Sensor

EarL

Ok guys,

Having read with some confusion in a couple of threads earlier in the week, I have now come to the conclusion that it would be possible to get shot of my AFM and replace it with a MAP sensor.

Am I just talking pony or is this true? If so, how do I do it, and what benefits are there?

Cheers,

EarL. :thumbsup:

you could, but it costs ££££. You also need to change the ECU to accommodate a MAP sensor input, along with the harness etc.. Motec do a complete ECU/MAP system for the MR2 i think.

Only benefits as far as I know are better tunability if youre going for above 300bhp. Below that theres not much point imo.

you could, but it costs ££££. You also need to change the ECU to accommodate a MAP sensor input, along with the harness etc.. Motec do a complete ECU/MAP system for the MR2 i think.

Only benefits as far as I know are better tunability if youre going for above 300bhp. Below that theres not much point imo.

Cheers Deus,

Guess I'll be sticking with my AFM for now then. Can't see me wanting more than 300bhp anyway...

... well, not yet ...

The problem with the AFM is by design it's a restriction in the intake and at full chat, not very good at measuring airflow ..

There are ways round this ..

The problem with the AFM is by design it's a restriction in the intake and at full chat, not very good at measuring airflow ..

There are ways round this ..

C'mon then fella, spill the beans ... :D

Map-ecu is the only way that Im aware of apart from a full replacement ecu. A search on here will tell you more as Iv'e mentioned it many times before.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links