Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo's Again...

mr2mk1g

Right, so I’ve traced the problems I’ve been having back to the crappy Toyota amp. (active Speakers / sony head unit) I’m all set to run off the amp in my head unit and bypass the stock amp. I want to avoid replacing all the wires right now, putting that off for when I have the time to do a complete re-build on the sound system.

For now all I want to do is bypass the stock amp. I’m pretty sure I’ve found it behind the passenger seat belt real… but the “in” and “out” blocks don’t simply connect (nice of Toyota hey).

Before I start cutting wires in a tight enclosed space and burn my bridges… is it really going to be that simple? Can I just cut both blocks and connect each individual wire to its mate by hand? Am I missing anything that also needs to be done? Will this fubar the whole thing up?

Cheers

Just re-wire the whole thing ..

I plan to at some point... it's just a time issue - I never have any. It's dark when I leave for work, it's dark when I get home from work, I spend all weekend at the airfield...

For now I'd just settle for a stereo that doesn't screach at me... the full re-wire can wait for when I get the head unit I want.

Some of the higher end Sony gear is not bad..... its the X-plod and other cheapies that are !Removed!!!!

Some of the higher end Sony gear is not bad..... its the X-plod and other cheapies that are !Removed!!!!

Good description isn't it "Xplode" :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links