Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Quotes

Fitz

I know it wont be a problem insuring an MR2 as I'm cueerntly paying £600 on a grp 18 car so it can logically only be cheaper.

I just thought I'd get a quote for a ball park figure anyhow so logged onto Confused.com

My current Rover came out at £1200 cheapest quote (so I had a figure to compare against via the same people)

The MR2 t bar UK spec came out at £580.60 which I was pretty chuffed with, knowing that shopping about will reduce that further.

So I thought I'd try a quote on a Jap one....there was only one option for T bar so cicked that one again but in the seperate box it asked if it was an import so I clicked jap import. Same company that gave lowest quote came back with identical quote!!!!!! I was expecting the jap model to cost more to insure? Does this quote sound right?

Just done one for a G LTD as well and that came up £1099.83

The Jap G-Ltd is the same as the UK GTi-16.

It's the Tubbies that cost the pennies .. the MR2 is only IG16 anyhow ..

Take a look at egg.com

They were the cheapest I found.  :yes:

Oh, I know I will get it cheaper as I am only paying £600 for my grp 18 car. I should think I'll get the t bar down to about £400.

Just seemed strange that the uk and jap tbar quotes were identical, yet they were obviously quoting for a jap one as some came back refussed due to import. Everyone goes on about jap ones costing more to insure????

Take a look at egg.com

Oh, I know I will get it cheaper as I am only paying £600 for my grp 18 car. I should think I'll get the t bar down to about £400.

Just seemed strange that the uk and jap tbar quotes were identical, yet they were obviously quoting for a jap one as some came back refussed due to import. Everyone goes on about jap ones costing more to insure????

a jap T-Bar is a G-Ltd tho, so it sound like the internet software isn't right

in japan

GT = Turbo (top of the range) T-Bar IG20

GTS = Turbo (lower standard spec) T-Bar or Hardtop IG 20

G-Ltd = equivalent of the uk GTi-16 T-Bar cars IG16

Limited = base model

in UK

coupe = 112 bhp no spoiler slow economy version

GTi-16 = all other uk cars T-Bar or Sunroof

Hi,

I used Adrian Flux and they beat the best quote I had by £20 odd quid, they got it down to £492.50 on an MR2 GT Turbo 94, so initally its more than my existing car as the MR2 is higher but its not a hug leap as I had quotes pushing £800 which made me :eek: :ffs: :censor: but all is well again now.

Dave

in japan

Limited = base model

G-Limited comes in T-top & Hard-top varients. I have NEVER in my entire life seen a "limited" without the G.....and ALL we get here in NZ is Jap imports :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Take a look at egg.com

Do your research carefully as the cheaper insurance companies are not usually the best when it comes to you needing to make a claim ;)

in japan

Limited = base model

G-Limited comes in T-top & Hard-top varients. I have NEVER in my entire life seen a "limited" without the G.....and ALL we get here in NZ is Jap imports :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

hum maybe its just G then one or the other but there def is either a G on its own or at Limited on its own. :)

Take a look at egg.com

Do your research carefully as the cheaper insurance companies are not usually the best when it comes to you needing to make a claim ;)

Hi,

Is this quote relating to Egg.com? as if its about Adrian Flux please let me know before I take out a policy.

Cheers Dave

hum maybe its just G then one or the other but there def is either a G on its own or at Limited on its own.

I dunno....but Im pretty sure your right about there being just a g etc.......I have heard it mentioned before, I assumed it was a UK thing, but from a Jap side of things Im pretty sure there are only the 3 varients :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Take a look at egg.com

Hi,

Is this quote relating to Egg.com? as if its about Adrian Flux please let me know before I take out a policy.

Cheers Dave

I'm with fluxy as I organised a group discount for the rover coupe club. They have been fine with everyone I know who is with them. I guess with any company though you'll get good and bad reports.

hum maybe its just G then one or the other but there def is either a G on its own or at Limited on its own.

I dunno....but Im pretty sure your right about there being just a g etc.......I have heard it mentioned before, I assumed it was a UK thing, but from a Jap side of things Im pretty sure there are only the 3 varients :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

The !Removed! had GT, GT-S (both turbos) and then the G-Ltd and the G.

The UK got the GTi16 and the Coupe ..

The main issue is that the UK car is called a "GT" and so is the Jap Turbo .. and the insurance companies don't care which you enter, as if it's the wrong one your insurance is invalid and they still have your cash.

So it basically looks like my options are either buy a UK t bar and (if I accepted that quote) pay £580, or buy a Jap t bar and pay £1090.

Seems an awful lot extra to spend on a very similar car with a couple of extra goodies like air con. Just what is the appeal of a jap one over a UK one then as there are so many jap ones out there. Talking about nasps only, turbos are completely different.

It's a well known fact imports are more expensive to insure.

I did a Quote on a UK Twin Turbo Supra and a Import N/A.

And even though the UK has 330bhp and all the toys possible.

I still would of paid more for the import! :wacko:

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links