Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Place Your Bets Please!

Adam K

my tubby went to toyota last night cos she was properly <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed.

radiator had blown, tbar seals were leaking like mad, and numerous other things wrong with it so it is being put on the diagnostics machine to find out why it is overfuelling. it's also having an A service.

anyone like to guess what it's gonna cost (including fitting of rad and bleeding cooling system and replacing coolant with new red toyota coolant, replacing t-bar seals with new ones, A service, and diagnostics check) me when i pick it up??

my tubby went to toyota last night cos she was properly <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed.

radiator had blown, tbar seals were leaking like mad, and numerous other things wrong with it so it is being put on the diagnostics machine to find out why it is overfuelling.  it's also having an A service.

anyone like to guess what it's gonna cost (including fitting of rad and bleeding cooling system and replacing coolant with new red toyota coolant, replacing t-bar seals with new ones, A service, and diagnostics check) me when i pick it up??

£1000? just a guess but it is toyota :!Removed!:

Not sure.. but my moneys on you are not happy when it comes back!!!!!

I'd think about £1500 .. and it'll still overfuel, the t-bar will still leak and the coolany will be low and full of air ..

(Not that I not's trust Mr T .. I just pitty the fool)

first setback - it won't be finished today :(

apparently whoever had the mr2 before me has mangled some bolts and also some of the bolt have siezed and snapped getting the rad out.

oh well, glad i got them to do it now and didn't attempt it myself.

they have saod they will give it a full valet inside and out and deliver it back to my house when it is done :)

So thats why it's so expensive :D :P

apparently whoever had the mr2 before me has mangled some bolts and also some of the bolt have siezed and snapped getting the rad out.

Translation..

I put an airgun on it and mashed the bolt heads.. I then went at it with a hammer and chisel.. that didnt work so know ive got burn it out.

Oh, and I want to rag your car to your house and make you think your getting a good service. That'll be £1200 please..

lol :lol:..... But true :(

Although my MR-T is very good, I suppose it's cause I've got friends there though.

(including the service manager)

I get a Gold discount and they did help me put on my BOV for free (didn't have the right tool) :rolleyes:

did i mention that my m8 is the service manager there.

i can't mention what branch it is cos he will probably get in trouble for sorting all this out for me, but i have found out how much he is charging me for fitting the radiator, supplying the coolant, filling the cooling system back up and bleeding out the air,performing an A service (oil, filter and whatever else they do), diagnostic tests, and valet.

£100 cash ;)

just waiting to find out about the t-bar seals.

i can't mention what branch it is cos he will probably get in trouble for sorting all this out for me, but i have found out how much he is charging me for fitting the radiator, supplying the coolant, filling the cooling system back up and bleeding out the air,performing an A service (oil, filter and whatever else they do), diagnostic tests, and valet.

£100 cash ;)

The words "wind up" spring to mind <_<

£100 cash ;)

The words "wind up" spring to mind <_<

nah, i sent it there expecting to pay a substantial amount of money. didn't realise that they can get away with doing private work during official work time :wacko:

probably pretty dodgy, but can't complain cos it's not me who will get in trouble if they get found out.

well, thought i was gonna get it back today, but i knew it wouldn't go without a hitch.

had a call from them to say that the cooling system keeps pressurising and that the spark plugs are covered in petrol and they think the head gasket has gone :(

now i really will get a bill for a silly amount of money as they wanna do everything they can while the head is off so getting cambelt changed, all gaskets replaced, on top of getting oil and filter changed, gearbox oil changed, lubrication points lubed, throttle body serviced, new rad fitted, coolant filled and system bled, t-bar seals changed, blah blah blah........

grand total = £700 :(

at least you'll have a reliable car afterwards :)

and you're probably still well under the price of what anyone who doesn't know your m8 would have to pay

yeah, but when something like this happens it makes me wanna just sell the thing when i get it back. it is a money pit and what if something else goes wrong with it?

update :- just spoke to my m8 at the garage and they are dropping the engine out of the car and doing a complete rebuild on it for that price so the price is not so bad for all that, but still gonna put a big wallop in my bank account.

great price for the work your getting done mate,

It'll be a different car when you get it back :thumbsup:

is all this worth it for a 14 year old car? :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links