Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Wanted On Who To Buy Mr2's From

dudeone

Hi,

I am very close to the stage now were I will be purchasing an MR2 GT GTS Turbo Rev3 in Black Blue or Silver only and in as nr STD cond as possible in the £5.5K range.

What I need with is a finding a good Importer/dealer as ive heard and read horror stories in the past, I am wanting an MR2 that has already been brought in and just ready for sale.

Can anyone recommend a place that they have used or know of that has MR2's in stock, I do not want to be fleeced or taken for a ride, what should I be looking out for in the way of paper/certificate work regarding the cars?

Is there anyone that I should stay well clear of? Ive seen a few dealers on the net and spoke to a few others who all seem good but then I wouldn’t know either way until I get a problem would I?, so any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Also Ive seen a none trade adds that match what im looking for but I am a bit wary with these being imported cars, I would feel OK buying one from a Forum member as they will have looked after it and know the score but what about the Joe public? maybe its just me but regarding this what else on a private sale do I need to know or make sure comes with the car?

Cheers Dave

completely off topic but is that your bike in your avatar??

i ride an r1 :)

Fazer 1000, my joints ache too much :( to ride an R1 so went for the next best thing. :thumbsup: :D

Have no clue where your location is but Awesome Imports sold me my Eunos and have been superb, as it wasnt uk registered told me it may be 2 weeks (was only a week in the end), replaced the Battery after a couple of thousand miles as the original split a cell and replaced the headrest Speakers for me as they weren't that gfreat on the test drive, they also put a new hood on the car before i bought it and fitted the styling bars to finish of the looks.

A few other bits and bobs but everything that was asked for was done with a smile and more than enough tea or coffee....

They are based in bristol right by temple meads station and if they dont have it in stock can get hold of it. After my short time with them would be more than happy to recommend them to anyone...

I am based in Guisborough a town just outside Middlesbrough which is 40 miles North of Leeds or 30 miles South of Newcastle.

I am fully prepared to travel to get the car that I want so that’s not an object, the furthest ive been so far is Bristol two years back and me bike came from Sussex.

Do Awesome Imports have a website at all mate so athat I can take a browse?

Dave

Dave

Detective work has paid of just found em and emailed em.

Cheers Dave

Dave

Detective work has paid of just found em and emailed em.

Cheers Dave

Should have said if you email them, tell Lee Ryan with the blue Eunos sent ya, he's a top bloke :)

i have sold that R1 cos i don't ride in the winter.

will be considering my options in the summer, but there are a few bikes that take my fancy.

will be considering my options in the summer, but there are a few bikes that take my fancy.

Hi,

Yeh got mine stored away now as yet still no salt on the roads so may get a last play but its getting rather chilly out there.

So what's youre bike choices for next year?

Dave

Hi,

Yeh got mine stored away now as yet still no salt on the roads so may get a last play but its getting rather chilly out there.

So what's youre bike choices for next year?

Dave

04 R1, ZX10, Gixxer thou, or maybe something different like the new 05 ninja 636 which is supposed to be amazing.

who else has or recently had a bike..........seems a few of us mr2 owners either had or have got one!

i was knocked off my zx6r in july by a bloke in an mr2 tubby at 70mph. (no! i didn't know him)

seems to be a strange coincidence :blink:

who else has or recently had a bike..........seems a few of us mr2 owners either had or have got one!

i was knocked off my zx6r in july by a bloke in an mr2 tubby at 70mph. (no! i didn't know him)

seems to be a strange coincidence :blink:

Glad your ok or well enough to be around :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links