Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Twin Entry Turbos

GT4 BOOSTER

is there any difference in bhp between a gen 6 twin entry turbo gt4 celica and a gt4 with intercooler.i saw a one on autotrader the guy claims only 500 were made and its 397 bhp as opposed to 255 ish , also what exactly is twin entry turbo , is it 2 air feeds ? :help:

mmmm found this is it true ?

Yes, "Twin Entry Turbo" is on the engine. Here's a description of this

system:

Twin entry turbocharger:

Multi-cylinder engines have ranges in which there is some overlap in the

exhaust valve opening timing of one cylinder and its sequent cylinder. This

can cause interference to the exhaust gas flow where the exhaust gases from

the two cylinders join and results in exhaust energy loss in the turbocharged

engine. Also, cylinders which have just finished the exhaust process are

affected by the high back pressure of the exhaust initial process, so that

high pressure gas remains behind more easily. This hinders smooth intake flow

to the engine.

This exhaust gas interference is eliminated in the 3S-GTE engine by providing

two exhaust ports, for cylinders No. 1 and No. 4, and for cylinders No. 2 and

No. 3, together with two scrolls inside the turbine housing. This new design

increases the engine's low-speed performance and acceleration response.

Edited by maleborn1967

Have you asked on GT4OC? As far as I know they are the best resource for GT4 info.

As far as I know all ST205's had a twin entry turbo (not to be confused with twin turbos) and an Intercooler. Stock BHP figures are 239 for a UK spec and 255 for Jap spec

I know the ST185 had quite large BHP differences between the normal UK Spec and the CS (Carlos Sainz) which had an intercooler. But still no where near 397bhp

Any GT4 pushing out more than 280bhp is going to have been very seriously modded (i.e more than just stage 1 mods). And any GT4 hitting nearly 400bhp is one of two things: A big fat lie and false claim. Or has had mega bucks spent on it and wouldn't sell for monkey money. If the GT4 is getting nearly 400BHP I really hope someone like Fensport has done all the work and has everything to proove it.

i saw a one on autotrader the guy claims only 500 were made and its 397 bhp as opposed to 255 ish

Nah thats absolute crap, the GT4 came in three forms.

Standard GT4 - 239BHP (uk) or 255bhp (import)

WRC/GRP A Edition - Same as above but with spoiler raising blocks standard and rally equpment to homologate the celica into the WRC. Featured items such as a radiator spray bar, anti=lag for the turbo and extra welds to strengthen the body. All engine modifications are disabled on ALL cars and enabling them is possible but will kill your engine within 1000miles as the car hasnt had TTE tuning.

TTE Works Version - 299bhp (rally only) Special version built by TTE of Germany for Toyota use for Rallying. Please note that these WERE NOT OPEN TO BE BOUGHT BY THE PUBLIC. Some of these cars are now being sold off as Toyota has finished in the WRC since taking up F1 <_<

He is talking crap because even the TTE car doesnt have the bhp he is claiming. Tell him is is a scrote for lying to you :lol::thumbsup:

Even the 185 has a twin entry turbo. The only difference between a 185 and 185CS being the CS runs higher boost & has a air/water intercooler like the 165 and 205. The standard 185 has an air/air intercooler. They made over 9000 185's and probably as many 205's, so his 500 is a little way off. Basicaly he's a ***** :D

HA HA :lol: The words knob and cheese spring to mind. :lol:

I just feel sorry for the poor sod who buys it and then dyno's it.

"Oh....it seems to only be putting out 255bhp....." :rolleyes:

To be honest he doesn't say it's 300+ bhp at stock, and he says a load of mods.

"Twin entry" is basically a way of getting over turbo lag ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links