Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Your Average Mpg & Distance

dudeone

Hi All,

So just curios what the figures are on these not that it will effect me buying one I just want to know what will I need to plan my route via petrol station’s A to petrol station B or is it best just getting one of those wagons that carry fuel to follow me. :D

On average I drive 250 miles commuting pr week and say 180 of that is just pottering around. Oh yeh it will be a MR2 GT Turbo. :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave

I'm getting 280km (air-con running), 320km (with dump valve, decat and 1bar)

so you will be looking to fill up every 5-6 days depends how you drive

Thats 30miles zone, but I'm doing 10%-20% over that speed limit.

I'm getting 280km (air-con running), 320km (with dump valve, decat and 1bar)

so you will be looking to fill up every 5-6 days depends how you drive

Thats 30miles zone, but I'm doing 10%-20% over that speed limit.

Thats cool not much more than mine now. :thumbsup:

Cheers Mate

Dave

I get about 100miles to £20 of optimax which is half a tank (though the needle doesnt change linearly), mostly shortish journeys (15miles a day) in traffic a lot of the time.

I can get about 100 miles from a tenner of fuel on long journeys

and it drops to about 60-70 tops around town

I'm driving an N/A by the way. :thumbsup:

I get about 100 miles to £20, that's driving it quite hard most of the time on fast-ish roads. I'm yet to top up the tank, £40 seems a lot to spend at one time on petrol.

210 miles of usual commuting ..

150 if I'm being enthusiastic ..

240 if I'm driving Miss Daisy ..

i last got 210 miles on £32 of optimax, that included town driving and motorway driving which is like 28-30mpg i reckon that harsh considering i wasnt puttin my foot down during that fill up ( i got n/a btw)

my n/a will give just over 300 on a full tank B)

but i'd smile more with tubby power :thumbsup:

How big are the tanks on the turbos? My GT4 averages about 500km (300miles) out of about 55-60 litres (12 gallons)... does that work out to be much worse than your lightly tuned MR2 GT? Im still considering the idea of a return to 2WD.

:thumbsup:

My N/A GT does on average 275 to the tank. Or 300 on a long run and 250 if I wear my lead shoes. 275 is about 31-32 MPG which isnt bad.

Alex

Funny this has come up...

I just did a trip from Cardiff to Liverpool (well, Ormskirk) to pick up a Yaris for my missus, and my 2 was filled up with Optimax (£40) and went there and back on a single tank! I was gobsmacked! :o

Didn't take any note of the actual milage, and we were only trundling along at around 70-75, but even so...

Well chuffed. :D

I just did a trip from Cardiff to Liverpool (well, Ormskirk) to pick up a Yaris for my missus, and my 2 was filled up with Optimax (£40) and went there and back on a single tank!  I was gobsmacked!  :o

Didn't take any note of the actual milage, and we were only trundling along at around 70-75, but even so... 

Well chuffed.  :D

You then boosted it the next day for 5miles and had to fill it up again :D

I just did a trip from Cardiff to Liverpool (well, Ormskirk) to pick up a Yaris for my missus, and my 2 was filled up with Optimax (£40) and went there and back on a single tank!  I was gobsmacked!  :o

Well chuffed.  :D

You then boosted it the next day for 5miles and had to fill it up again :D

You been following me or summat ... :D

Had to put gas in it on Sunday morning. The light came on as I got into Cardiff on Saturday night.

Since I have owned my N/A 2 (totally standard) I have got 24.4 mpg. This is mainly short trips to work in heavy(ish) traffic with the odd blast / motorway run. No fancy fuel - just bog standard Sainsburys stuff.

It is probably really sad that I worked that out!!!!!!!

Done a few miles in my mr2 (Standard rev 3 turbo) recently, and I got 270 miles from a full tank of optimax (From full to the pertol light showning). This was mainly motorway miles and about 70 miles of it in town, and small journeys.

Was quite impressed, does make me wonder if my odometer is reading in Km/k mind.

This is one of the reasons why im only running my car on the road for approx 1 more year untill its garged and made into my show car! :thumbsup:

Im driving a turbo, £40 of Optimax.. wait for it, just over 200 miles. :ffs:

Thats terrible i know, BUT what can i say, i love my tubbie!! :group-cuddles:

My only advice is , if you travel allot of miles per week, DONT buy a turbo, go for a n/a mr2.

Cheers :thumbsup:

From a company called Banzai Motors based in Whitley Bay - check the Auto Trader. I carnt recommed them enough, its basically a bloke who imports them and sells them on after having all the relevant stuff converted.

All the cars were in mint condition (he had 5 in last time i was there 2 rev 3's black AWESOME!!!) and i even managed to pick one up with only 24000 miles on the clock + FSH and documents :thumbsup:

Overall im a very happy chappy!!

Do you live in sunny G'bro m8?

Hi,

Ive seen the adds for Banzai motors on the autotrader and he had one i liked but it sold quick, the usual story.

Yeh damn right mate I get to take advantage of this lovely gloomy weather every day livin in G'bro yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

lol, go down asap when you see one you like and im sure you'l buy one.

If you want any help or even just a look at me motor just drop us a pm m8.

lol, go down asap when you see one you like and im sure you'l buy one.

If you want any help or even just a look at me motor just drop us a pm m8.

Cheers  :thumbsup:

Thanx mate really appreciate it, I went to Distinctive cars in York last week as they also import MR2's and had a good drive of a Rev2 tubby which I loved, I had thought about these for a while and I had intentions of buying one but once id done the test drive that was me well and truly hooked.

I am sssooo itching to get one that ive dropped the price on me car by £500 trying to get a quicker sale so I can buy one NOW.

Yeh will be in touch as I would like to meet up and admire your motor mate. :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave

On a full tank...about £35/£37 I am can get 500kms.

I do about 60 miles a day and roughly 350 miles a week. And a full tank last that :yes: so I am getting 100 miles to £10

Mostly motorway driving

:thumbsup:

full tank=65quid

mileage=not a lot hee hee

think its about 50 miles to a tenner on a long run, about 70miles when having fun!

queit suprised that a tubby turbo drinks petrol as fast as my car.

smiles all round, baz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links