Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My New Cts Saturday

bartonfink

Well, had my new CTS for two days now. Impressions...

Bad: Reverse gear warning tone. It's driving me crazy already. Also the climate control. On Auto, I don't understand why it blows hot air in my face one minute, then switches to my legs the next. I'm prob being dim and haven't understood it yet, but it's weird.

Good: Everything else. Daren't rev it properly yet (wait until 1k miles?), so haven't experienced the lift, but it's pretty brisk even in the lower rev range. Seats are fantastically comfortable. What a simple, simple bonus. So many car seats are apparently designed for dwarves, cripples or robots, and just by installing decent ones you set a car a million miles apart from the opposition. I've never been so comfortable. Handling is great.

Ah yes, and the noises. Those noises...

did'nt run mine in . toyota told me i didnt need to :D lift :D :D :D :D :D and the notes from the rear is getting sweeter by the day , done 850 miles so far and still not tied of it :D :D :D :D :D welcome to the club of cheeeeeeeesy grinnnnnnnssss :D :D

Welcome matey, yes I did waited for the first 1000 miles and it's well worth it... my 85K miles CTS still goes well without any probs.... for those of you who knows the area, instead of travelling down M3 from london to southampton, I will take my CTS for an odd trip down A31 to have a bit of excitement!!!

Welcome to the club, i've now done 1850 miles in my T Sport and its running like a dream, i did app 850 miles before i first thrashed mine and its much quicker above 6200, also its getting better on fuel as everything loosens up a bit...

I can't bring myself to thrash it to much yet, i also find the reverse gear alarm to loud but at least it tells you i suppose, what I do like however is the beeping the car makes when the VSC cuts in around the corners that is well cool....

I sound like I'm lucky or not that fussy as mine doesn't make any noises rattles or anything, and i do like the sound of the motor when its in the lift... :drool:

I have 900 miles on mine now and used the lift from 30 miles and haven't really stayed out of that zone lol!

Great noise on acclerating but a drone when sat at 80mph and 4000 rpm

seats are comfy but handling is a bit poor but way better than my mk 4 golf gti!

Brakes are also a tad soft almost two stage and only 'bite' in the last 50% of travel

!

Brakes are also a tad soft almost two stage and only 'bite' in the last 50% of travel

I've got just over 2k on mine now and after its been back to toyota once already about the brakes, and they fitted a new master cylinder, (supposedly) but that has actually made it worse not better. :eek:

I agree totaly about the 2 stage brakes not being progresive at all.

Also at the moment still getting under 30 MPG with it and not "lifting" it too much.

trev

If I use mine just back and fourth to work, using A and B roads its getting about 30-31 mpg ish, when i do a bit of motorway work it creeps up to 35-36 ish...

Hi

mine's got 23000kms (14200 miles i think) and I'm enjoying every minute of it!!!

had a slight brake shudder but toyota replaced the front discs which has made a huge improvement! Also had the alternator replaced..

A great car nonetheless

Just done nearly 6000 in mine. Few niggles : buzzing dash at around 4000 revs, gap above radio appeared, wooly steering, drinks like an alcoholic fish (but I do 'lift' rather a lot :thumbsup:) and TRC/VCS problems.

I would say positives are good seats, responsive engine, good equipment level, nice sound when the lift kicks in. Love the auto windscreen wipers and auto rear view dimmer though :P

Accylad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links