Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rolla Cruise?

mefirst

Have any of you proud rolla gti owners ever thought it would be a good idea to all pull up in some quiet carpark in some quiet seaside town somewhere and show there rolla's to other like minded gti owners?

I reckon if we planned it well enough and did where everyones got the same sort of distance to drive then it could be pretty cool?

Anyway just an idea...

It's a very nice idea.

Trouble is the word 'cruise' these days seams to be associated with idiots doing 'burn outs' in Supermarket carparks and playing loads of 'thud 'thud' music as loud as possiible (I use the word 'music' in the broadest sense).

It's a shame as cruise used to mean a evening drive and friendly meet up for different vehicle clubs (as you have quite rightly suggested), the most famous being the Chelsea Cruise on the last Saturday of the month back in the late 70's,80's &early 90's.

A local vehicle club I'm a member of were going to do a 'cruise' a couple of years back and after informing the local Police, we were informed that it might also attract the idiot/wally type as well; so the event was cancelled.

Personally I think some of the problem stems from the way magazines such as 'Sad'n'Sour' (Max Power) have promoted this kind of behaviour in recent years.

Back to your suggestion I wish you every success with your event.

up for that. keep me updated

Hey dude, im from East Sussex it would be great if we could get loadsa rolla gti's together would interesting to see wot other people have done to there rides keep us updated yeah?!

Possibly use Gaydon for the location?

good size carpark, central ish in the UK, they have many car clubs meet there through the year and would be a private meet.

Kev :)

Possibly use Gaydon for the location?

Apparently the very nice people running Gaydon don't like car clubs to hold meetings on their property anymore. Well not without charging the earth :angry:

This is one of the reasons TOCs first big meet of the year (which was normally held at Gaydon) has now been changed to Bruntingthorpe.

Apparently the very nice people running Gaydon don't like car clubs to hold meetings on their property anymore. Well not without charging the earth

Has this policy anything to do with the fact that 'Ford' now own them, if so thats a shame.

A few years back when they hadn't been open long lots of little clubs used to have meets on the same day. I remember being on a road run/rally once (with an MGB) and we called in at Gaydon and while there, there was a gathering of the Morris Marina owners club and a Buick club, it made for an interesting informal day.

I still go to gaydon with the 'Land Rover Solihull to Gaydon run' (in a 1966 Series2A SWB) but the event is so big and is run by 'Land Rover' that it now makes me wonder if 'big bucks' are charged.

Hey dudes, good to see Im not the only rolla to want to do this. Gaydon would be a good place to do it, otherwise anywhere around that area would be cool, only thing is it has to be somewhere fairly easy to find cos I personally have never been up to that part of the country. I think it would be better to wait for spring to do it, partly because no one in their right minds wants to be hangin around in the rain, secondly, its easier to clean your car and keep it looking good when the weathers good and thirdly because everything looks better in the sunshine. Anyone disagree with this? That way the longer we take to doit then hopefully we'd get the message to alot more people and more people would turn up? And another thing, I absolutly hate typing!!!

good idea, all sounds good to me :thumbsup:

If Gaydon is going to 'cost' you could try asking other museum sites.

For example:

On the 19th September this year the Datsun owners club invited other Japanese cars to attend their annual rally at R.A.F Cosford Museum in Shropshire. The whole event was free and an area was set aside for us. Apparantly the local Chairman of the Datsun Club contacted the secretary of the Toyota Enthusiasts Club and it went on from there. The emphassis was on cars over 10 years old (so all GTi's would be eligible) yet this year I was the only GTi there! Still it was a very friendly show with some really interesting vehicles.

They hope to hold the event again this year in September.

They hope to hold the event again this year in September.

Oops I mean next year in September

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links