Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Speed In A T-sport

Black RunX

Has anyone ran their T-Sport on topend and used a gps??

I went for a run last night and could not believe the speeds I achieved!!

The speedo needle ran past the 240km/h mark and the gps read 237km/h :eek:

I thought the CTS top speed was limited to 140mph? :wacko: At least thats what I thought I read in the manual :bookworm:

I hope the police aint watching this.

I have done 130 in my CTS, i am sure it had a bit more in it didn't feel like it was near the rev limit or anything, 140 is definatly possible, only problem is where can you get a chance to test that out. would get thrown in jail testing that out on the roads.

He's from South Africa mate - maybe they don't have the same speed limits as we do in Britain.

We have speed limits but we don't adhere to them :D

I'll be honest ... there was a SLIGHT tail wind that night!!! But I have often achieved true speeds of 225 - 230km/h (140 - 143 mph )

We do our tests on a stetch of road of about 7km long. (6 km level; 1 km slight decline) @ sea level.

BTW we ran a AE 82 Twincam (4AGE) last night and got 207km/h (129 mph)

148Mph, no chance in a million years! The CTS start to run out of puff at 130MPH!

Nick

In stock form the CTS that we have in South Africa runs to rev limiter in 5th gear (225km/h) and can still climb in 6th gear! Obviously if the weather is crappy then it's a different story!

This we have done several times with different examples..

All I can say fellas is take it easy out there at this time of the year, I learnt the hard way about 4 weeks ago when I wrote off my Civic Type-R very badly after only having it 4weeks!

Take it easy chaps, icy roads are now upon us!

The CTS has reached 140mph on a english motorway, the said CTS is no longer part of the family or the driver spoken to. :lol: And I wasn't in the car at the time <_<

All I can say fellas is take it easy out there at this time of the year, I learnt the hard way about 4 weeks ago when I wrote off my Civic Type-R very badly after only having it 4weeks!

Take it easy chaps, icy roads are now upon us!

Agreed :yes:

Take it easy chaps, icy roads are now upon us

I agree Nick,but its getting nice and warm in South Africa now.Summer has just started and Johannesburg or the Norhern parts of South Africa can get mighty warm at times.We're talking temps of up to 40degrees Centigrade at times.

Cheers

Ant

Hey boys

I've had my Sportivo(CTS) to 133mph(nice of me to convert it for you!) and it still had plently to go but not plently of road! Anywhere in Brisbane where's there room there's cops ready to remove your license from your possesion!

Cheers SILVABULLIT.

slightly off topic i know but my gxi has seen 130, has anyone else's???

My 12 yo Gli Executive has done 130mph on a dry M58.

m58 just past southport turn off heading towards merseyside with a road angel 2 on a flat section of motorway

top speed shown at 145 speedo

road angel showing 141mph

141 is pretty good for an 1800 (type r 2000)

ps celica on same strech showed 146 mph on road angel

doubt anyone could get more as it is flat out fo three miles at least

(new style corolla with 4000 miles on the clock)

Sorry to be a party pooper .. but please don't talk about breaking the law on this site.

I'll close the topic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links