Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Issue

Pasty

Hello all.... Newbie here...

Picked up a red Celica 190 about 2 months ago very impressed :)

I do have a small issue though...... Had a prang the other day and starting to go through my insurance. (my fault went into the back of someone...)

However just checked through my forms and noticed they do not contain a speeding fine (and three points) I picked up just over a year ago. Not sure if I declared it or not (in the excitement of getting a spanking new car)...

Will this cause me a problem???????

Please help I'm a little nervous.....

Hi there and welcome to the club!

Bad luck with the accident...

Blue 84 is our resident insurance expert and I'm sure she'll be around leter. Failing that you can PM her is you make a few more posts.

Hope that helps and that you get it all sorted out.

Cheers,

Alan

Worse case scenario: if you didn’t declare a previous claim when asked I would think your insurance could be null and void, it seems that any excuse not paying out these days is common.

Best case scenario: Insurance pays up and everyone is happy.

I’m sure there will be opinions/facts shortly.

Blue 84 is our resident insurance expert and I'm sure she'll be around leter. Failing that you can PM her is you make a few more posts.

Cheers Alan :) BTW I see you've got your new T3 now :)

Sorry Blackett I'm side tracking!

I'm guessing your conviction is an SP30 - 3 points and £60 fine? I take claims from a lot of people who dont seem to declare these and as far as I know our claims teams impose an extra amount of money on your premium there and then/ or add some money onto your excess (if you have fully comp and are claiming for your damage). I wouldnt worry about it, and the third party's claim (the person who hit) will definately be covered on your policy again as far as I know as I also deal with third parties and we have to deal with their claim if a policyholder has undisclosed SP30

Blue 84 to the rescue :thumbsup:

While you are here Blue, do you get many claims form Yaris owners who have had their cars stolen? :help:

Blue 84 to the rescue  :thumbsup:

While you are here Blue, do you get many claims form Yaris owners who have had their cars stolen?  :help:

I dont do stolen claims as they go through fraud screening which is done on another section so I dont have a clue!! I've been in this job for 17 months now and not once have I done a Yaris break-in which has got to be a good sign :thumbsup:

[

I'm guessing your conviction is an SP30 - 3 points and £60 fine? I take claims from a lot of people who dont seem to declare these and as far as I know our claims teams impose an extra amount of money on your premium there and then/ or add some money onto your excess (if you have fully comp and are claiming for your damage). I wouldnt worry about it, and the third party's claim (the person who hit) will definately be covered on your policy again as far as I know as I also deal with third parties and we have to deal with their claim if a policyholder has undisclosed SP30

Thanks for that.... Your right it was an SP30......

The claim is going throug soon... hopefully. Really feels sorry for the car I hit (Clio) I have scratched front bumper but apparently he car needs a new boot floor. Appears Celicas have very hard and low bonnets the go under and crease the boots of Renault clios!

Thanks for your help everyone..... May join as a GOLD member soon. This seems like a good, informative site with lots of decent people!!!!! :yes:

Thanks for your help everyone.....  May join as a GOLD member soon.  This seems like a good, informative site with lots of decent people!!!!! :yes:

:yes::thumbsup:

Been in the Celica forum yet?

Thanks for your help everyone.....  May join as a GOLD member soon.  This seems like a good, informative site with lots of decent people!!!!! :yes:

:yes::thumbsup:

Been in the Celica forum yet?

I have thanks :) B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links