Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sticking Caliper

BlueMR2

Front driver side caliper has started to stick...front passenger side did it last year but I got a garage to recon it for £80...is it easy enough to do yourself or shall I just take it down the garage and get it sorted by them?

Any how-to guides would be good also...

Rico - Cheque will be posted shortly this has delayed it..always happens when u least want it too... :censor:

Front driver side caliper has started to stick...front passenger side did it last year but I got a garage to recon it for £80...is it easy enough to do yourself or shall I just take it down the garage and get it sorted by them?

Rico - Cheque will be posted shortly this has delayed it..always happens when u least want it too... :censor:

No problem mate.

Jim has a full set of callipers here for sale if you need one.

(probably a cheaper option)

Try getting a part number and i'll check them to see if they are the same :thumbsup:

No problem mate.

Jim has a full set of callipers here for sale if you need one.

(probably a cheaper option)

Try getting a part number and i'll check them to see if they are the same :thumbsup:

Ok mate...just checked on brakes.co.uk and the part number on there is...BCA2079 R/H Caliper...dunno if that would correspond with the Toyota part numbers?

:unsure:

its a well easy job mate...just need someone to pump the brake pedal to bleed the brakes

in easy steps:

1) take wheel of and jack car up

2) clamp the brake hose (a special tool can be used if not you can use some mole clips but tighten them using the screw to avoid damage to the hose

3)unbolt caliper

4)bolt on new caliper put new brake pads in

5)bleed brakes

6)put wheel on

7) take oppersite wheel of change brake pads

you have to change brake pads in pairs same if you change disks

if you need any detailed help just ask me ;) but its not worth paying a garage to do it

Ok.. That part number doesn't appear on the calipers

The only numbers on it where 36T25 printed near the bottom on the main face of the caliper

Dunno if they are the correct ones or not mate...

Ok.. That part number doesn't appear on the calipers

The only numbers on it where 36T25 printed near the bottom on the main face of the caliper

Dunno if they are the correct ones or not mate...

its ok a mate of mine is changing the pads all round on mine on saturday morning so he is gonna have a go at giving it a recon...will keep you posted...

Its really starting to get me down now...seems like everything is going wrong on it as of late... :(

yip...

I'll be selling a full set of calipers for rev2+ ( I think they are anyway.. still to check for sure ) on eBay soon. Will be selling them individually, so ideal for anyone who has caliper issues.

caliper service kits are at mr.t for around £ 25 to do both fronts :thumbsup:

new rubbers ,clips and sliders rubbers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links