Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Brace Cts

phil3345

Could all the CTS owners check if they have a strut brace fitted on the front of their t sport .

Thanks Guys

Phil

face lift model as well :thumbsup:

Mine hasn't got one; only the face-lifted models have got them. I've been wondering if the strut braces from the face-lifted models fit into the pre-facelifted ones????

Mine hasn't got one; only the face-lifted models have got them. I've been wondering if the strut braces from the face-lifted models fit into the pre-facelifted ones????

Thats strut brace on the 04 is really weid it got damper on it which surly dont make any sence at all!

Nick

Thats strut brace on the 04 is really weid it got damper on it which surly dont make any sence at all!

Nick

its Yamaha X-RES or something like that, quite advertised on Toyota's in US... it gives you both strenght and limited dambing ability for rough roads...

That face lift Corolla T/S strut brace is absolutly useless!

The hole point in a strut brace is to strengthen the top of the 2 struts & towers and stop flex when giving the car some serious stick!

But even if it had a proper strut brace on it, that wud also be useless, due to you cant give the car enough stick to allow body flex, because of that crappy VSC and TRC! You throw the car into a corner and it craps itself and starts beeping and backing off the power just when you want more to pull you out of the bend!

That crappy VSC And TRC has probably saved a few lives this year alone...

My biggest gripe with the car is the michelin tyres and nobody seems to moan about them, I find them much more of a limiting factor than the VSC or TRC...

They roll a fair bit as well which doesn't help...

My biggest gripe with the car is the michelin tyres and nobody seems to moan about them, I find them much more of a limiting factor than the VSC or TRC...

They roll a fair bit as well which doesn't help...

you have michelins? I got bridgestones ER30, crappy as crappy is... At least for sports... I suggest upgrade to Toyos for good performance or S03 for awesome performance (and price).

VSC/TRC working has a lot to do with tires getting out of grip, but i wouldnt consider it too intrusive.

And you can probably ready about Yamaha X-RES system somewhere, it is pretty damn innovative yet simple techinoligy taken from their experience with motor bikes...

I know i'm a bit behind when it comes to modern cars but whats a damper doing on a strut brace?

The hole point in a strut brace is to strengthen the top of the 2 struts & towers and stop flex when giving the car some serious stick!

Treuno, I have to agree with you sir!

As for tyres...

you have michelins? I got bridgestones ER30, crappy as crappy is... At least for sports... I suggest upgrade to Toyos for good performance or S03 for awesome performance (and price).

...I run Yokohama on every vehicle I have and done so for over 10 years now. I have been amazed at them for grip and the wear is good (I had heard they wear down quickly, but i've been fine). My MGB had Michelins on it when I bought it and the grip/handeling was terrible, After fitment of Yokohama 760S tyres it was briliant, a totally different car.

Another Tyre I have been impressed with in the past, and must give mention was the Goodyear Eagle NCT.

There is supposed to be some flex in it as its a road car not a touring car

Well if theres ment to be some flex in a road car what is the point in even attempting to fit a strut brace!

It would of only saved lives of people who can obviously not drive a greasey stick up a dogs bum! Its ment to be a Hot hatch, so y have all these driving assistances! Surely they shud be on the T/Spirt!!

VSC/TRC working has a lot to do with tires getting out of grip, but i wouldnt consider it too intrusive.

You would find it intrusive if you were trying to get the best out of the car and pushing it to its limits! (No good for a bit of track days!)

Treuno, I have to agree with you sir!

As for tyres...

...I run Yokohama on every vehicle I have and done so for over 10 years now. I have been amazed at them for grip and the wear is good (I had heard they wear down quickly, but i've been fine). My MGB had Michelins on it when I bought it and the grip/handeling was terrible, After fitment of Yokohama 760S tyres it was briliant, a totally different car.

Another Tyre I have been impressed with in the past, and must give mention was the Goodyear Eagle NCT.

Well as you agree with me i agree with you, because all i ever run on my cars is Yokohama A539's or AO32's for more serious work! :) :thumbsup: :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links