Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bus Lane

Fidgits

got a bill for £100 through the post today...

for straying into a bus lane briefly!

I can see the Mayor of London shouting YeeeeeeHaaaa and riding off into the sunset with my hard earned cash!

What were you doing straying into it?

Is it justified, like did you undertake anyone? or was it just to make life easier? lol

you can get fined for going through a bus lane???

just the one at the town hall leading to traffic lights you have to turn off and go all the way around because its for bus's, but iv went through a few times because i couldnt be ubikd.

strange. i bet if taxi drivers do it, they dont get fined.

What were you doing straying into it?

Is it justified, like did you undertake anyone? or was it just to make life easier? lol

There were roadworks, which meant to take the turning i needed, i needed to cross the bus lane, and drive about 4 feet in it - which i did....

There were roadworks, which meant to take the turning i needed, i needed to cross the bus lane, and drive about 4 feet in it - which i did....

Roadworks still there?

Take a photo write a letter.. Dont send em the cash, send em the letter...then wait.

Edit: oops, thought that wouldve been deleted.. b :censor: s!

Roadworks still there?

Take a photo write a letter.. Dont send em the cash, send em the letter...then wait.

Edit: oops, thought that wouldve been deleted.. b :censor: s!

Thats right Fidge, thats what you need to do, technically, if you have to do it, then they cant do anything to you. Im sure 5 mins to write a letter is worth £100 :P

well, if i want to argue the case, i have to wait until the 28 days are up, send them a letter, then appear at a hearing, i dunno if i can be bothered..

And yes, the photo caught the roadworks on it... but can i be bothered with the hassle...

go and buy a copy of FHM...

hold it by the binding edge...

give it a good shake...

collect all the rammel that falls in a big pile on the floor...

stuff it in the 'fine return' envelope and send it away

:P :rolleyes:

ok ok ok to be serious

add a couple of used tea bags and a !Removed! mag subscription in

thats sucks! BTW

go and buy a copy of FHM...

hold it by the binding edge...

give it a good shake...

collect all the rammel that falls in a big pile on the floor...

stuff it in the 'fine return' envelope and send it away

:P :rolleyes:

ok ok ok to be serious

add a couple of used tea bags and a !Removed! mag subscription in

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks for the idea Rob....

However, my other problem i have is the neighbours cats using my back garden as a toilet - I am beginning to see a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone :D

send them monopoly money with your letter! and say you having a giraffe!!!!!

And let us know what they say, coz I may do that in the future!lol

just the one at the town hall leading to traffic lights you have to turn off and go all the way around because its for bus's, but iv went through a few times because i couldnt be ubikd.

dont know wot its like where you are but round here taxi's can actually drive in the bus lanes

However, my other problem i have is the neighbours cats using my back garden as a toilet - I am beginning to see a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone :D

Easy one this......have a pee in a watering can, top up with water and water the garden with the mix. you are effectively marking your territory and the cats will stay away. Do this about once a week to keep them away.

Rich

i got stopped goin through that lane, was gonna give me 60 fine but i managed to get away with it cos im a driver, seriously if they catch u in the lane in front of the town hall before 7 pm they will fine u!

i cant get the quote option to work, is it just me thats havin this problem?

they have the signs up sayin nowt before 11.30 cos theres still buses goin through, but after 7 nearly all buses come off road so the police dont see it as worthy of a fine, but i went through both bus lanes not realsisin i was in car, cop was a right ubik and was even worse when i told him i was a bus driver, i ignored him in the end and spoke to his partner showed him my bus id and was on my way with a word of warnin not to do it again

oh no thats a shame :(

If i were you I'd accept I'd been caught and pay up - then again I do prefer the easy life lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links