Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The Highest Power I Can Take An N/a Too?

G200

Depends on how fat your wallet is!

Highest normally aspirated was the Toms T020 @ approx 245bhp. Will set you back about £10,000.

Most mods will create minor improvements. really in this order...

Exhaust/decat 8-10bhp

Induction kit / cold air feed 5bhp

Dastek unichip 10-15 bhp

High lift cams (risk of spitting the shims out on rev1/2) / adjustable pulleys 10-15BHP

2.2 ltr stroker conversion :thumbsup:

Every time you mod the NA the power band will move upwards, leading to gutless performance around town.

Best £ vs BHP ratio is nitrous. £600 for 50bhp at full throttle and a nice dollop of torque to boot :D

Easiest way to low 14's qtr mile.

Cheapest mod is to lose weight! You can shed alot of Kg's if you try hard enough.

TOM's manages something like 280 bhp out of the NA .. but it was a car that revved to 9k or something ..

Cheers Pete :thumbsup:

So no real point in modifying if you want traffic light starts??

Is nitrous safe enough to use. The engine won't blow or anything will it?? :wacko:

TOM's manages something like 280 bhp out of the NA .. but it was a car that revved to 9k or something ..

So pretty much unusable on daily roads if it is revving to that sort of revs. Track day only sort of thing??

Nitrous puts a huge strain on engine internals, so unless the motor's in good nick, I wouldn't bother (unless you like bottom end rebuilds) ;)

... sell it and get a tubby :thumbsup:

Nitrous puts a huge strain on engine internals, so unless the motor's in good nick, I wouldn't bother (unless you like bottom end rebuilds)  ;)

... sell it and get a tubby  :thumbsup:

I would love to get a tubby Earl but i'm just scared of getting a crap one and being out of pocket all the time fixing it. This is what happened with my 200sx and it's put me off. You can't beat turbo power though!!! :thumbsup:

So nitrous is probably a no go then?? Thing is my car has been serviced by toyota at every service interval from day one and the cambelt was changed in April. Currently 90,000 miles on it. What do you think? :wacko:

IF GRAVITY EXISTS HOW COME HEAT RISES???

Because cold air is denser, and therefore heavier by volume .. :lol:

And yeah the TOM's engine was in a race MR2 ..

IF GRAVITY EXISTS HOW COME HEAT RISES???

Because cold air is denser, and therefore heavier by volume .. :lol:

And yeah the TOM's engine was in a race MR2 ..

Ah but then you are saying warm air floats on top of cold air, the way a boat floats on water! :blink: But air is not water :wacko: I'm lost within my own sig :!Removed!:

Any way anyone got any pictures of the TOM'S MR2 N/A? It would be nice to see :thumbsup:

Not going to try it then Bibbs cause i'm on the works computer. Don't want it to end up crashing. Did it show you a picture

?? Cheers for checking :thumbsup:

Think the engine was in this too ..

car_22.jpg

The other site is just full of japanese pit girls .. :drool:

is is not not not is not is is is is not is not is it not

is is, not not, not is not, is is is, is not is not, is it not

:D

I'm no expert with the MR2 as yet, but from what I have learnt with my Rover, it is pointless going for performance with a nasp as for the cost to get the power up there, it is far cheaper to buy a standard turbo and modify that indstead.

Remember, you should be declaring all mods for the insurance so it all adds up.

I'd say 5-10 for an air filter is optomistic to be honst. In the tests I have seen on many makes, they tend to give more like 2bhp but in some cases they will have a negative effect.

On a test with the Rover VVC engine, they also found the mounting position effected performance gain. Mounting the filter directly on the throttle body as K&N say in their instructions loses about 3bhp, but mounting it further away using the intake pipe will give a 2bhp gain over the standard set up.

Cold air supply with a cold air box will also help to stop hot air in the system effecting performance. Cold air feeds on turbos are easier as the air is being forced in but with nasps, the air is not being forced in so more thought is needed as to the cold air supply. Also....try not to mount cold air feeds near hot parts of the engine as heat transfer to the pipe work will heat up the cold air making it a waste of time.

Highest taken from NA done TRD on 2000GT from 3SGE dual VVTi engine (original from Altezza/Lexus IS200 225HP) take out 290HP at 14k rpms buth 6 speed sequentional gearbox they use are more then 18k $

gearbox

I would have thought a 50bhp shot of nitrous would be fine for an MR2 engine (3S-GE anyway), the internals are pretty strong and 50bhp is only roughly 33% above standard, normally they say you can go up to about 50% above standard. Obviously if the engine has covered over say 120k miles it may not be wise.

Guys thanks for the repiles! :thumbsup: That MR2 looks well tasty:drool: thanks for the photos pete. I don't know guys nitrous is starting to look like a good possibility but i don't want to destroy the MR2 :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links