Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Written Off

TheKipster

Alright All,

Posted a few times on here, it's been invaluable in working out some problems too. Not a good post I'm afraid... I managed to write off my MR2 and spend a few days in hospital a few weeks ago courtesy of a double decker bus. It was a '94 N/a with well low milage. Lovely car... Here's how it turned out:

3683.jpg

Kips.

how did it happen!?

and it's good that you made it from that accident!

too bad about your car :(

sorry if this seems a bit rude but could i buy your centrepanel between your rear lights? :(

Bejeezuz :o

Can't believe you came out of that alive :o

It's really not good when these things happen :(

Gutted for you mate. Hope you get well soon :thumbsup:

Rookey check for ale section mate.

We sell ale on here?!?!? :eek:

Why wasn't I told about this!.....

and now back to the topic!

I cant look at that pic mate, thats so harsh, how did the crash actually happen?

Double decker bus turning right across my path, made contact, end of story... didn't really walk away, was cut out!

Afraid it's gone back to insurance company now so can't sell any of the stuff off...

Kips.

Counting the stars really...

They said it was better because

a) Im a big lad fitting into a jap car... good fit.

B) Engine is at the back. If it was at the front with the impact I would have been a lot worse.

Praise the MR2!!!

Least youre safe mate thats all that matters. Will you be getting another MR2? How did things go with the insurance company, they paying out or being anally retentive?

B) Engine is at the back. If it was at the front with the impact I would have been a lot worse.

Praise the MR2!!!

All the more reason to buy another MR2 :P

damn dude, that is a very sorry looking mr2, thank god you came out of it.... albeit it eventually. could of been much worse :o

Hi,

Ive got to add my wishes for a speedy recovery, I just cant beleive that you came out of it, :ffs: :censor: !Removed! idiot blind drivers.

Dave

Least youre safe mate thats all that matters. Will you be getting another MR2? How did things go with the insurance company, they paying out or being anally retentive?

Dunno bout another MR2, might just get a normal car for now. Insurance are being remarkly OK about it all, but I'm sure they'll try and stiff me at some point. Fully Comp anyway, so they have to pay something, just like to see what they offer first. I think we're all waiting for the police report until anything is done.

Thanks to all for the get well messages, all gratefully received. I'm doing alright at the moment, am back at work, getting fitter and looking a lot better. I'm just amazed that it wasn't worse than what I went through after looking at the piccies. Real credit to the MR2.

Kips.

NA? isnt that a square number plate on the rear (like turbos) and im sure there raised vents on the engine cover?

Anyway...your lucky there mate...get well soon....

Praise the MR2!!!

would have been alot worse if the engine was at the front, and your now thinking of a normal car :eek: i'd have thought its only mid or rear engines from now on.

Must say the MR2 is one of the best cars to have an accident in, basically there arn't any other steel shelled cars with 2 front bulkheads and 2 rear (reason sw20's are so lardy (1260 - 1400 kg). Front impact has got massive crumple zone as there isn't a lump of iron infront of you and then behind you you still have 2 foot of crumple zone before the engine. The standard fitment strut braces also help alot.

Glad to hear you are okay fella ..

It's amazing how well MR2's hold up .. in big shunts ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links