Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo, Fan Always Kicks In?

aa120n

everytime i go out in my turbo, it's fine but if i ahve to wait at some traffic lights or anythin, the red light with the fan comes on, and it wont go off til i turn the car off. even if i'm takin it steady down a long road. also the temperture gauge needle doesn't move from the middle of the gauge when this happens.

does anyone have any idea's?

also it sems to be idle-ing quick, but not all the time. :unsure:

Providing the engine temp gauge is behaving normally i would suspect the fan sensor is faulty. :thumbsup:

Just have the fan come on all the time like most of us have , keeps the engine bay and intercooler that bit cooler , the turbo likes it too :yes:

Best to talk to the experts on how to do this though, i think its just a case of removing the wire from the sensor under the engine grill lid.

Just have the fan come on all the time like most of us have , keeps the engine bay and intercooler that bit cooler , the turbo likes it too  :yes:

Best to talk to the experts on how to do this though, i think its just a case of removing the wire from the sensor under the engine grill lid.

Thats right mate. By disconnecting the plug from the fan you will cause the fan to permanently run constantly. This is meant to be good for the car. A lot of turbo owners do this as one of there first mods to help keep the turbo cool.

jerry!!

Are we mixing up radiator fans and intercooler fans here? :wacko:

i can change it so the fan is on all the time, but don't that annoy you havin the red light on all the time?

The red light shouldn't come on with the fan ..

The red light means something is wrong. The fan means something is hot.

Yeah I was gonna say that, I don't get any red light come on when the fan activates. It should only kick in when the temp gauge gets near halfway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links