Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Superchargers And Turbos

knowlson

I would be interested in either.

I will always prefer a turbo, to supercharger, as i prefer the "kick" of a turbo, hich i will just not get in ANY car, without one fitted.

All and everything, depends on cost though. Big decsision to fit something like that, so even if it were a good price, i may still be forced to pull out, but very interested anyways. :thumbsup:

Another large benefit of fitting a turbo, is that you don't HAVE to run the highest possible boost, if you don't want to! You can have it high boost in, say 1st and 2nd gears (higher than you should) and still keep it safe. With the first 2 gears, being overboosted, that's only overpowering the gearbox and not the engine, which i reckon should take it fine, as it doesn't produce a massive amount of load and it's only FWD, anyways. :thumbsup:

yes, I'm interested... if my car won't be sold or crashed by the end of this spring I will be doing some serious upgrades...

please reply to my previous post about prices... :)

I would be very interested in either to be honest with you....I would prefer a turbo, but with a turbo u gotta run a standalone ecu aswell which is £1,000+ so i think it would have to be a supercharger for me...

Tell us more about the SC.

Is it just a bolt on which any garage could do? Does it require any other upgrades? Not really interested atm, but maybe later next year.

I would be interested in the Supercharger...at the right price of course :D

Please let us know the prices so that we can give you a more definite answer. :thumbsup:

then he'll be dissapointed becuase so many people showed an interest when in fact they cant afford it and everyone backs out..  :ph34r:

For the turbo kit it's under 1800 inc vat compressor kit is 2100 inc vat.

I would be interested in either.

All and everything, depends on cost though.  Big decsision to fit something like that, so even if it were a good price, i may still be forced to pull out, but very interested anyways. :thumbsup:

yes, I'm interested... if my car won't be

please reply to my previous post about prices... :)

I would be interested in the Supercharger...at the right price of course :D

Please let us know the prices so that we can give you a more definite answer. :thumbsup:

I take it everyone missed the prices I posted then????

watch the insurance

youll have 140 bhp with the t sport , youre gonna struggle to find a company who will do it and even then it gonna cost

like the superchager though 2000 isnt too bad but will you need ecu re map , another grand for that then the sc unit plus fittings then insurance ( where possible ) phew ! Think ill just stick to sports exaust sytem and air filter mod with cold pipe . not as much power but maybe another 10 - 15 bhp but that will do

cant remember who said it but you would definately need to alter the handling for the power

Actually if you read the spec for the ts turbo , that has a turbo ( gets it up to 150 bhp ) then it says the suspension is uprated , reinforced clutch plus LSD as well

dont wanna burst anybody´s bubble but , think on

I don't understand where all this business of £1500 for a ecu remap has come from, just look around for the best price, should easily get it done for £500 at the most

I don't understand where all this business of £1500 for a ecu remap has come from, just look around for the best price, should easily get it done for £500 at the most

I got quoted something like £200 to bring the car in so they can get all fittings and run some tests on the standard ecu. And then something like £300 per hour on actually remapping.

why do u all preffer turbos???? a supercharger provides compression right through the rev range. where as a turbo would make a 1.5 ts feel like a 1.3 untill the turbo kicked in!

ur all mad

Tis a good price for the kit's, considering how much they usually charge, but still WAYY too much IMHO, for what you get. No offense knowlson, but it won't get me savin my pennies to have one. Thanks for the offer though m8, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

yeah ive heard a charger whine but only when in the car i like the fact of turning heads with a yaris that dumps!

yeah ive heard a charger whine but only when in the car i like the fact of turning heads with a yaris that dumps!

i agree, i just dont have the money for either at the moment, its 1 thing buying it, its another thing on top to fit, sort out ecu, and other factors which could be affected from increase in power, ooo and a big issues with INSURANCE company i can hear them :lol: down the phone at me and tellin me 2 wait x amount of years b4 they would consider insuring me

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links