Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit For Corolla Si

Mateus

As I understand it, a 1996 Corolla Si is the A4-FE engine.

I noticed on a previous thread someone has used a K&N 57 kit 57-0360 but the k&n web site says you should use 57-0502.

Anyone know which one is correct?

I have little knowledge of induction kits, but are K&N much better than other cheap makes (and do they really make a difference)?

Cheers.

:)

I have fitted the K&N 57 kit 57-0360 to my corolla si and it fits fine.

You will find cheaper filters for the Corolla on eBay and probably with other UK suppliers too, however I've always liked to use K&N.

Kev

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I notice in your "garage" you've only rated the K&N filter 6/10 (the filter is the 57i kit right?) - do you think it's worth it?

I haven't got much cash to spend on mods, but i'm guessing an induction kit is the best thing to go for.

Thanks,

Yeah I think the K&N 57i Induction is worth fitting as with any other filter. However the sucking noise it makes on tickeover makes it noisy and sometimes annoying at times. plus the fitting of the filter doesn't allow for much cold air.

I have sorted this by the bonnet scoop directly above the filter

Kev :)

Thanks again.

I noticed the Corolla 4AFE engine is split in to 1992 - 1997 and 1997 - 2000. Now the 1997 - 2000 must be the next generation, right? And K&N claim you should buy the 57-0360 for the '97-'00 and the 57-0502 for '93-'97 but MSC_Kev proved otherwise.

Anyone know wot the difference is, cos the '0502 is much more expensive than the '0360?

--

ps. Just got my Si pics here... http://groups.msn.com/CorollaSi/shoebox.msnw

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links